Ready Light Flashing On Tiger River Bengal

The flashing Ready light tells us that the control thermistor is bad. Since you replaced that already, the next option is the control panel. It interacts with the thermistor. But it's pricey so you may want to invest the $24 or so for another thermistor, or at the very least, check the thermistor with a good ohm meter. I don't remember the numbers, but the two thermistors should be very close to the same with the circ pump running and the heater off.

The Control panel PN is: 71836 - and it will have two jet pump buttons. Don't worry, it will work on your single jet pump tub, it's the only one they offer now. Fits: Bengal (M 181001 to M 4B9999) 1998-2000

Looks like this:

71836-400.jpg

Costs like this: $395

Wow! I would most CERTAINLY try another sensor, or spend some time with a meter before I ordered that one!

HTH

B)

When you say "good flow" Do you mean through the jet's, or do you mean the little 24/7 circ pump that runs in obscurity.

When the 24/7 circ pump fails, the green light will eventually flash- but it typically takes a while.

How long does it take the green light to start flashing, once you supply power to the unit?

If it starts right away, Chas is spot on. But if it takes a while, check the circ pump.

Yes i mean good flow through the jets. I have noticed on other hot tubs that they circulate by them selves mine does not do this is that what you are refering too as the 24/7 circ pump? The light starts flashing when you plug it in and turn the jets on so almost as soon as the heater trys to work i would guess

Your spa has two pumps. One runs the jets - only - and is loud. It also only comes on when you turn on the jets.

The other is a very small - almost silent - little circulation pump. If your spa is running on 110volt (plug in) then it will NOT heat when the jets are on.

You need to know if the smaller pump is moving water - you can see a very slight movement in the water when everything is very still if it is working. Also, you can check the vinyl tubing in the motor compartment. If you see any bubbles, it is not working, and if you see absolutely nothing at all in the vinyl lines, it is working fine.

B)

So would this make the ready light flash if it does not cirulate?

Yes, but it doesn't happen right on start up- usually takes at least a while.

If your ready light starts flashing as soon as the spa is powered up, your current problem lies elsewhere (bad thermistor, control head, etc) But if it takes a little while, either a dirty filter or bad circ pump are likely suspects.

Usually, when the circ pump fails, the red "power" light flashes first, indicating the heater has over-heated. I don't recall if the 98 Tiger river incorporated a flow switch, I think it did... so the heater may not energize when the circ pump fails. Also, the high limit thermistor may be out of range, so it may not trip. Or, the high limit reset button on the heater itself may have tripped, so the heater doesn't energize... and the heat generated from the circ pump is close enough to the heater to cause a reading out of range on the control thermistor. At any rate, you need to ensure the circ pump is working properly.