Jacuzzi 235 - Any Thoughts?

I'm considering purchasing a Jucuzzi j-235. I've negotiated the dealer to $4,495. They are also going to extend the warranty from two to three years because they misquoted me origionally on what the warranty was ( I have it in writing). They gave me some incorrect information and honored the mistake. From what I can tell this seems like a pretty good deal. Is their anything else in this price range I should be looking at? Any drawbacks with the model? I have not found anything else new in this price range with 2 pumps, waterfall, led, 35 jets, etc... Thanks so much for the help!

The Warranty on HotSpring tubs is 5 years (7 on the shell/structure) -

just sayin' :rolleyes:

HTH

B)

Looks good at that price Jeff2583. Only drawback that I can think of is that the lounger may not fit you well - have you tried it in a wet test? It seems that very few loungers fit a wide variety of people. If the lounger is not a good fit the J-245 should be available at a similar price.

Longer warranties usually come with the higher priced lines and essenatilly you are paying for them in the purchase price of the tub and the longer warranty doesn't necessarily mean higher quality, but you are more likely to go longer without paying for the repair out of pocket.

Out of curiosity Chas, which of the HotPsrings models are selling for $4495?

Thank you for the help spawn! I did try out the lounger and it fit well for my height. When I first came to dealer they quoted me a three year warranty on equipment and when I looked on the Jacuzzi website they said only two. When I brought it up to the dealers attention they said they would honor what they origionally said or knock $200 off the price to $4295. I figured for just two hundred a third year made more sense. One fix alone would cost way more than that! So I decided to place my order and it comes in about three weeks. Thanks for the advice.

Out of curiosity Chas, which of the HotPsrings models are selling for $4495?

Oh! Well, uh, um, that would be the -

uh,

None.

But I do have the new "Bolt" on an introductory special for $4995, which is close... thought it's our smallest, non-lounger member of the "Limelight Collection."

I do recognize that most manufacturers are well aware of what their tubs are worth. :rolleyes:

B)

Good for you Jeff - i think you made a good move.

Chas - Thnaks for your response. I didn't think that there were HS tubs at that price but you never know. I know the Limelight tubs are are nice tubs too. I always appreciate your good helpful advice in the forum - you have been a great help to many, myself included.

Perhaps it's too late, but adding thr 24hr circulation pump to that tub is wise a investment. I purchased a J-280 in November and I was able to have the dealer throw it during negotiations. Along with the obvious benefit of contiunous filtration , the circ pump motor consumes very little power and eliminates the need for the larger pumps to run during a call for heat. I believe the circ pump can be installed after taking delivery.

I think the claim of it being a "two pump tub" is kind of misleading, technically, yes it is, but one of the pumps is the size of a can of soda, if you are thinking it translates to more jet action, you are being misled.

Single pump tubs are usually twin speed, so you can get two levels of jet action out of every jet in the tub, not one.

thats a great price, I bought this model a few months ago when it just came out and was not close to your quote.

It is a very nice spa, there are indeed 2 pumps - both full size. One is 2 speed and runs everything but the 2 captains chairs and footwell, the second is one speed and runs the 2 captians chairs and footwell. I wish pump 2 was 2 speed because it has more power than I like but my wife likes it. I usually lay in the lounger with pump 1 on low and turn off a couple of high volume jets elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

That price for that tub, with three year warranty? I would jump on it, if it is from a local established Jucuzzi dealer. Warranty service is everything. Your next qustion is how long will it take to have my pump seals replaced when they start leaking. I would jump on it. Nice TUB! Jucuzzi is top of the line. It's got all the bells and whistles, and a nice layout. Quality tub made by a leader in the industry. Tha is a good price for a new Jucuzzi, really is.