Sundance Default 50A Switch To 60A?

Hi all. Any input on how to change the factory default on a sundance optima from 50a to 60a? The manual conveniently says a licensed electicing can make a simple change to the board to make the switch. Sure would like the spa to run at full capabilites with 2x pumps and heater at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Daveinfv

Spa Newbie.

it will be labeled on the board and will be mentioned on the schematic on the inside of the pack door. It is just a jumper, no tool required, in 1 position is 50, move the shunt and its 60, once you change it, power up everything, including heater and all pumps, check the amp draw and make sure your wire size is adequate for the load.

The diagram and instructions are in the rear of the manual. Look again. I just did it the other day (when i installed my altamar). The only confusing part is it doesn't say what to do with the 40A jumper. I assumed just leave it off and that was correct. Mine works great on 60A. It's very nice using all the jets and having heat.

Make sure that everything meets the minimum 60 amp standard before doing this. The biggest mistake I encounter is the use of #6 NM-B or #6 UF conductors which have a maximum ampacity of 55 amps before applying de-rating factors per Table 310.16 of the NEC. These are 60 C rated conductors. #6 THHN, on the other hand, is rated at 90 C, yielding a maximum ampacity of 75 amps before the application of de-rating factors. #6 THHN would probably be adequate for a 60 amp circuit barring unusual de-rating issues.

John