Stubborn Stains

Pooler

After pulling the winter cover off I discovered some leaves and a few dead frogs and lizards that left some stubborn stains on the bottom of my vinyl liner 20 X 40 inground.

Not unusual to have this every year. I'm running a Jandy Aquapure 1400 and added the necessary salt, chorine shock and let the pump run continuously for the startup and to clarify the water.

Well, three weeks later, the water is balanced and crystal clear but the stains are still there and will not brush out with a brush.

I treated the water once with a stain remover but it really had no effect.

I'm pretty sure these are organic stains and not metal since my water chemistry is OK.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of these stains would be welcomed.

If it wasn't vinyl, I'd say drop a trichlor tablet on the stains. But I'm not sure how safe that would be for vinyl.

Maybe just bring your chlorine up to shock levels for a couple of days, organic stains should fade with a high chlorine regimen.

--paulr

Just keep the FC a little higher. Eventually, the stains will come out. They are organic in nature and so, as time passes with exposure to free chlorine, they will fade into nothingness. Its just going to take time.

Scott