Help Choosing - Maxx, Jacuzzi Or Strong Spas

hanna256

We are looking for a Portable Spa. What we want is good quality spa that we will enjoy for years, we don't need fancy gadgets...

We narrowed it down to 3 models, the prices is similar (more or less 500$). We live in Canada, so insulation is important!!

Here are the models:

MAAX 8000 elite spas (2011 model apparently on sale)

Jacuzzi 280 series (2012 model, with UV light)

Strong Spas Vienna or Madrid.

MAAX and Strong spa has the air and water jets, jacuzzi just the water jets.

On paper, the Strong spas are the best. They include better insulation (similar system as the MAAX but with stronger shells), more jets and stronger pumps. However the warranty is less, 3 years instead of 5 years.

The Jacuzzi comes equipped with the UVC light.

Let us know what you think of these 3 models, insulation, quality and UVC light vs ozonator.

Thanks

"On paper, the Strong spas are the best."

I suppose you mean on a stat sheet they look better but that dopesn't mean much to most pros. Just my opinion, but I'd rank them Jacuzzi #1, a gap to the next two in whatever order.

I'd trust the energy efficiency of the Jacuzzi most as well as in regard to overall quality. I would not care about the mostly worthless air jets since IMO a jet only matters if it moves water and air, not air alone (those are bubblers which are mostly for show). I also wouldn't worry about that UV light one way or the other. As far as warranty, I'll let you compare what is stated but who backs that warranty means just as much and I'd feel best with Jacuzzi on that point.

We finally went with the MAAX 8000 spa. We had a good deal and it had everything we wanted - Air jets, lounger, good cover and good warranty. It is was good 2011 model at the price of less equiped 2012 models. The dealer is one of the best in the area (if not the best). Can't wait to decide on the slab to get it delivered.

Thank you for your help, this was a very good forum to do our research.