Winterizing

I live in Mi and just bought a hot tub from a friend. Since it was not being hooked up for a couple days and the weather is so cold here he poured antifreeze into the pipes until I had it hooked up. Now that it is hooked up I added water and turned it on. My question is that since I turned it on and the antifreeze no doubt came out of the pipes and is mixed with the water now, can I assume that the antifreeze will just disinagrate because of the filters and after it warms up I will be able to use??? Does this sound correct???

Did he use swimming pool antifreeze or a car antifreeze? This is important since they are very different. Pool antifreeze does requires draining out of the lines before filling and using even though it is considered non toxic. IF you have filled and circulated the water you need to drain the spa and refill to get rid of the antifreeze. Car antifreeze should not be used in a pool or spa since it is toxic. IF that is what has been used I will defer to some of our other posters who might have some more experience with pools and spas in freezing locals since I am located in an area that does not winterize.