Hot Tub Help! First Time Owner

Dieselgirl70

Hi.

I'm a first time owner of a used 2006 jacuzzi j-315. It was working fine prior to being purchased. I had a professional spa mover move the tub. We decided to do 220 instead of the plug in 110. I had to hire an electrician as I had to get power out to my garage and had him do the tub as well. It was filled and the display read "ice" then 52. The pump to circulate the water would come on & off as well. We thought it was normal & just trying to heat up. A couple hours later the display read it sporadically: "I" then "c" then "e" then "5" then "2". The temp never rose. What is wrong? My BF thinks its in need of a new circut board???? That's $350 used & installed! I already spent $1400 on the tub, $280 on the move & almost 1k on my electrical.

I can't find anything on what is going on. If I contact a dealer will they know or will they try & get someone to come out at lots if money per hour??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!

Hi.

I'm a first time owner of a used 2006 jacuzzi j-315. It was working fine prior to being purchased. I had a professional spa mover move the tub. We decided to do 220 instead of the plug in 110. I had to hire an electrician as I had to get power out to my garage and had him do the tub as well. It was filled and the display read "ice" then 52. The pump to circulate the water would come on & off as well. We thought it was normal & just trying to heat up. A couple hours later the display read it sporadically: "I" then "c" then "e" then "5" then "2". The temp never rose. What is wrong? My BF thinks its in need of a new circut board???? That's $350 used & installed! I already spent $1400 on the tub, $280 on the move & almost 1k on my electrical.

I can't find anything on what is going on. If I contact a dealer will they know or will they try & get someone to come out at lots if money per hour??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!

http://www.jacuzzihottubs.com/request-brochure/brochures/2006_LED_Manual-315-345.pdf

That might help- sounds like a bad thermistor, or bad circuit board, or just a loose connection at the thermistor harness on the PCB. Look at pages 35 and 36 for a description of error codes.