Whisperflo Pump Gasket

sc5.4

My Whisperflo pool pump sprung a little leak, so I got a reseal kit and went to work putting the new seals in. All went OK until I got to putting the pump seal plate gasket on. The one that came with the kit is undersized a little, and I can't get it to go into the groove on the pump. The original one is almond color and the new one I'm having problems with is black. Also it came jammed in a plastic bag with everything else. I put it out in the sun a while to try to expand it, but no luck. Should I order the almond colored seal? Anybody run in to this before? Thanks in advance.

I just wanted to update this post just in case someone runs into the same problem. I ended up putting the seal back in sun for a good 20-30 minutes, and after about 10 minutes of walking the new seal into the groove on the seal plate...GOT IT! What a pain! I'm not sure if the almond color seal would of been easier, but the black seal worked in this case.

• 2 weeks later...