Leaking Coast Spa

mkehler

i have a 2008 coast spa that is leaking, or at least i assume its a leak as opposed to a 'high water level' drain. there is a drain tube in the rear left bottom corner of the tub/base (when facing the front panel.). when i fill the spa to a certain level, water starts coming out. i had thought at first it was the high water level drain, but i am assumining it is not, as with this water level, if I stand up quickly by myself, the skimmer sucks in air and the pumps stop until the water settles down. and if i have a few people in it for any length of time, the water continully drains and when we get out, the water is way too low for the pump to turn on. this tells me the normal water level should normally be around 2" higher than the LED's.

there is a ring of LED lights across the top of the tub, around 8" below the top of the shell. the tub is maybe 1/4 inch off of level across the entire tub. the water always stops draining when the water level goes below the 3 LED lights in the corner that is highest. so i assume it is one (or all) of those 3 led lights that is leaking.

how do i reseal these LED's? I assume (hope) that I can seal these without flipping the spa over and ripping out all the foam.

thanks

Matt

i have a 2008 coast spa that is leaking, or at least i assume its a leak as opposed to a 'high water level' drain. there is a drain tube in the rear left bottom corner of the tub/base (when facing the front panel.). when i fill the spa to a certain level, water starts coming out. i had thought at first it was the high water level drain, but i am assumining it is not, as with this water level, if I stand up quickly by myself, the skimmer sucks in air and the pumps stop until the water settles down. and if i have a few people in it for any length of time, the water continully drains and when we get out, the water is way too low for the pump to turn on. this tells me the normal water level should normally be around 2" higher than the LED's.

there is a ring of LED lights across the top of the tub, around 8" below the top of the shell. the tub is maybe 1/4 inch off of level across the entire tub. the water always stops draining when the water level goes below the 3 LED lights in the corner that is highest. so i assume it is one (or all) of those 3 led lights that is leaking.

how do i reseal these LED's? I assume (hope) that I can seal these without flipping the spa over and ripping out all the foam.

thanks

Matt

Let me correct that...they are actaully not LED's, but fiber optic lights I guess. Either way... its these small 'lights' that seem to be where the leak is coming from

Exact same thing happen to me with my Coyote.

Before you start popping panels off, push/jiggle the lights to see if you can tell which one is loose. That might at least save you pulling off multiple panels to figure out which light is the culprit.

In my case it was one in the foot area of the lounger seat - so people were probably playing with the light with their feet and worked it loose.

Fixing the culprit was a cinch, as there is no foam sprayed on the shell in my tub, and it was just a matter of tightening the backing nut that had been worked loose.