Blinking Lights On Garden Leisure

manikor

I have a Garden Leisure hot tub, not sure what year it is. A couple weeks ago I left the tub on for an extended period of time and when I came back to turn it down I noticed that 3 blinking on the control panel and the water wasn't at the set temperature.

The 3 blinking lights goes away if I turn the temperature down and let it sit for a while. I can come back and turn the heat up and it will re-heat sometimes, other times it starts blinking again and the temperature doesn't rise.

If I kill the power to reset the controls the blinking lights do not go away when I turn it back on, they only go away if I set the temperature down real low and come back later.

I have a newer filter.

I opened up the circuit board and I didn't see any red indicators or such (someone said something about a hi-limit switch?).

I seem to get good flow through the lines, no flow issues that I can notice.

Any suggestions what could be the issue? I am pretty handy and could replace/install new parts so I'd rather not call someone out.

Inadequate water flow through the heater or you may have an issue with the pressure switch. Try ohming out the switch with the pump running. You should get a reading. If you don't, then the switch is not activating. You'll either need to adjust or replace the switch. If the switch does open and close with water flowing through the heater, then I would check the wires that connects to the switch.

After adjusting the switch twice it looks like it operates correctly now. Thank you!

Can you tell me what adjusting the pressure switch actually did? Why did this start happening? I've been keeping an eye on it and appears to be running correctly. Is there anything I should keep an eye out for to make sure I didn't didn't turn it too much? I think I rotated it 1.5 or 2 times.

After adjusting the switch twice it looks like it operates correctly now. Thank you!

Can you tell me what adjusting the pressure switch actually did? Why did this start happening? I've been keeping an eye on it and appears to be running correctly. Is there anything I should keep an eye out for to make sure I didn't didn't turn it too much? I think I rotated it 1.5 or 2 times.

you may have just cleared something out of the switch, but more likely, you compensated for reduced flow of some cause. Be careful that your pressure switch isnt too "lazy" make sure that the heater turns off when the pump is not running. An easy test is to make sure the heater is energized, put an amp clamp meter to see amp draw, then unplug the pump, the reading should go to zero, if it doesnt, trouble lurks, possibly a mis calibrated switch.