Circuit Board Fire!

jflewis88

well yeah, if a substandard repair was made. but if the repair was performed with the correct gauge and proper connection, then it would be no different than adding an extra light on the porch. if an electrician installed a new light fixture, had it up to at least the minimum code of the area, inspected etc.., and it caused a fire, would they cover it? they would if everything was correct. what if it were and ancient Hurricane controlled unit, you replace the heater say.......and the manual high limit didnt work correctly or whatever and the tub heated to 200 degrees, would they cover your burned leg if you fell in it? probably. houses burn daily because of electrical issues.........and most are covered under accidental losses.

• 7 years later...

i know this is an old topic but relevant.  I just recently had a board and relay fry from a loose connection on a Balboa 5100 series.  I also had a fire a couple years ago (completely unrelated from a hot tub) in an upstairs bedroom.  The cause was undetermined but the 1st thing the investigator asked was there any electrical work done lately, and if so who did it.  There was none but goes to show insurance wont cover losses from a home repair that may have caused a fire.  Now replacing a motherboard is probably not that difficult if done carefully and you are replacing an identical board, but for the money i am letting the pro handle it.  That way they can verify it was done correctly  and identify any other potential problem.  The tub came with the house we just bought and a few hundred to repair and get it right will be well worth it down the road.

• 1 year later...

I'm in a similar situation. One terminal of a four-terminal 327 connector melted. I have a new connector and I'm working out how to solder it. Silver solder maybe?

I don't mind the cost of a new controller, but I can't find the same model (Gecko S class) for sale, so it seems like it would be a pain getting the control panel and all the sensors hooked up.