Spa Honeymoon

op1

So I am a newbie spa owner. The craigslist thread got me thinking about one of the oppositions I heard when I first mentioned getting a spa. It was said at first you will use it all the time and then you will slowly stop using it.

This brings me to the question, how many of you use your spas regularly and as often as you did when you first got it? How long did the spa honeymoon last?

OP1

My guess is this site is not a good place to ask this question! Most of us probably visit this site on a regular basis because we are using our tubs alot and coming here for information. I would bet that most of the people that quit using their tub - probably are not visiting this site - they are on the **** sites:)

With that said, I have had mine for about 14 months and still use 2-4 times per week!

I've been tubbing for about 7 years now. Absolutley when you first get a hot tub, it's used more. I walked around with pruned skin for about the first year of having the tub. :) .

But that's not to say that after 7 years and 3 tubs later that I don't still use it. Especaily in the winter time. It's great. I'd say I use my tub about 2x a week. Nothing is better after a hard day of yard work, or shoveling or when you just want to relax. Just recently while advising my best friends who were buying a tub my wife and thought about what our next tub would and wouldn't have. We see ourselves as always having a tub assuming it fits into our lifestlye and budget.

How much will we use the tub is a very important question to ponder when considering a hot tub. They're not cheap, there's definatly a cost just to install one, and they do require upkeep. To me nothing is "uglier" (tacky??) as a run donw neglegted hot tub sitting in a yard.

As one poster recently wrote, if you're getting a hot tub to be party central, or as a status symbol, chances are you'll stop using it after a while. The novelty will wear off. While I don't know of anyone personally who did this it makes sense to me. It's not like a pool where you may find yourself gathering around it for cook outs or spending the afternoon playing in it. It's different.

I recomend you think about why you want a tub, what your expectations are, do your homework, work out a budget, take your time to learn about what you're buying and I think you'll make the decision that's right for you.

Are you one who likes long soaks in a bath tub? while on vacation do you find yourself seeking out the hot tub? Do you have friends that have a hot tub? What's been your past experience when using a hot tub?

I'm a relatively new hot tub owner, owning my first tub for about two years now. Although I'm sure there are some people who start losing interest, I'm not one of them, at least not yet. I can't say I'm in my tub every day because travel for work keeps me away from the tub. But when I'm around, I'm in the tub everyday...sometimes more than once. I don't have any serious health issues, but I am getting older and I find the hydrotherapy from the hot tub very relaxing and rejuvenating, particularly on stressful days. On days that I am very active or bit overtired, the hot tub will invigorate me. It does not matter whether it's a very cold winter's day or a sweltering summer evening...I use the tub. It's great.

gman

IMO.... It's all a matter of convenience... or inconvenience as the case may be.

Just like those kitchen gadgets you buy. If there's a spot on your counter and it's plugged in and ready to go, then it'll get used all the time, even after the 'newness' wears off. But if it sits under the counter with the cord wrapped around it then the chances are great that it won't get used much at all after the honeymoon is over.

I use my tub before work every morning, and it's the last thing I do at night, not to mention the times used in between. Last Saturday I was in and out of it about 7 or 8 times. Not sure I would do that if it wasn't as convenient as it was though. It's one of the big factors I thought of when setting it all up.