New Hot Tub Delivery Question

crabio

Once again, I come here to peruse your expertise.

Concrete pad has been poured (7 inch wire mesh reinforced slab) along with running electrical conduit in the concrete to hide wiring.

Got word yesterday that the delivery date is set for 11/30. Once the tub is in place, I plan on contacting the electrician to come and wire up the tub on 12/1.

Here's my question. We fly out for a mini vacation just a couple of days later and I do not want to fill up the tub and start adding chemicals only to turn around and leave the next day for a week. My thought is that once I get this thing up and running, I want to be around to monitor things for a while.

Sorry ... HERE's the question. How should I proceed after the electrician has wired up the tub. My thought is that I leave it empty, turn off the power to the tub and put the cover on it and leave it till I come home. It seems simple but I am just wondering if that's the best way to leave it sitting for a week ... meaning ... dead empty.

Or ... should I fill it up with cold water ... no chemicals ... turn off the power ... cover on ... and just leave it that way.

Any advice ??? Suggestions ????

-c

Once again, I come here to peruse your expertise.

Concrete pad has been poured (7 inch wire mesh reinforced slab) along with running electrical conduit in the concrete to hide wiring.

Got word yesterday that the delivery date is set for 11/30. Once the tub is in place, I plan on contacting the electrician to come and wire up the tub on 12/1.

Here's my question. We fly out for a mini vacation just a couple of days later and I do not want to fill up the tub and start adding chemicals only to turn around and leave the next day for a week. My thought is that once I get this thing up and running, I want to be around to monitor things for a while.

Sorry ... HERE's the question. How should I proceed after the electrician has wired up the tub. My thought is that I leave it empty, turn off the power to the tub and put the cover on it and leave it till I come home. It seems simple but I am just wondering if that's the best way to leave it sitting for a week ... meaning ... dead empty.

Or ... should I fill it up with cold water ... no chemicals ... turn off the power ... cover on ... and just leave it that way.

Any advice ??? Suggestions ????

-c

IMHO I'd either go ahead and start it up and get it hot, OR wait until you get back to fill it- especially if you are in an area where it's already dipping below freezing. You don't want cold water in the tub to freeze and bust something while you're away.

If you plan to go the empty route (and it's cold where you live).... Check with the mfg to make sure they're comfortable with the tub sitting empty for a few days- they most likely leak test the tub at the plant, and they need to be confident that there isn't any residual water in the tub that could freeze up and bust something.