Hot Tub Test Kit

walleye

I am wanting to get something other than test strips to be sure I am maintaining my new spa correctly. As of right now I am using Bromine to sanitize it, although I am looking at other ways depending on recommendations from the experts here. (i have another thread asking about that) Is there a test kit I should order that will do the testing I need regardless if I use Bromine, Chlorine or Nature 2? Or do I need to determine the treating method prior to ordering a testing kit? Currently all I have are test strips. Thanks everyone, the help here is great. I do have an Ozonator if that makes any difference.

I am wanting to get something other than test strips to be sure I am maintaining my new spa correctly. As of right now I am using Bromine to sanitize it, although I am looking at other ways depending on recommendations from the experts here. (i have another thread asking about that) Is there a test kit I should order that will do the testing I need regardless if I use Bromine, Chlorine or Nature 2? Or do I need to determine the treating method prior to ordering a testing kit? Currently all I have are test strips. Thanks everyone, the help here is great. I do have an Ozonator if that makes any difference.

TAYLOR makes a good test kit. I use 2006 test kit but you will need a test kit for bromine.

G

I've got a Color Q Pro 7 Plus. Its works great, and does both chlorine and bromine.

I researched alot when learning how to maintain my hot tub. It came down to using either chlorine or bromine. I've been using bromine after first trying chlorine (dichlor/bleach method). I can leave the hot tub for 5 days at a time and come back to clear water and good sanitizer level with bromine. There are many products out there that market "no chemicals". Some even state in the instructions that you must use with a sanitizer. However, they sure don't market the product in that manor.

I use the Taylor 4 in 1 which will test a bit more than you need, but regardless of what test kit you come up with, check your santizer level first, if your chlorine or bromine levels are high, don't bother doing any other test until the level drops to normal as the sanitizer bleaches out the other colors and throws off whatever results you get.