Freeflow Spas Questions

curls

My wife and I are on a budget and have been keying-in on the Freeflow brand of tubs as a good starter tub. We want something in the 4-6 person range as we don't have the room (or need) for a 7.5'x7.5' tub on our deck.

Initially we thought the Azure/Accent (same tub different colour options and one comes w/ synthetic wood siding vs rotationally-moulded siding matching the tub). This is a 3-4 seater with lounger, 80"x62"x32" in size. Prices including delivery and all kinds of accessories and cover lift, etc, are $3600 CAD / $4100 CAD (13% taxes included) respectively. So the siding is a $500 option, basically.

Now I am thinking that the Passport tub might be a slightly better option in our situation. It's a bit larger (corner tub, 75"x75" with slightly 'cut' corner). It has a nicer lounger w/ molded-in armrests (a feature we thought was really nice on a Hydropool tub we tried yesterday), and can easily accomodate one more adult than the Azure/Accent. I haven't got a quote on this one but would figure it's about $4300 CAD with all taxes and all accessories included (cover, 110V GFCI cord, cover lifter, chemicals, delivery, etc...).

What else in the $4300 ALL-IN range should we look at or is that just a really, really good price for an entry-level spa that probably can't be touched by any other line?

Also, what would another line of spas have that the basic Freeflow spas don't, for not much more money? Built-in headrests? Better (or just bigger?) pumps? Opinions and insight are MUCH appreciated here, thanks everyone!

Eric & Crystal

Anything with removable sides is a better choice than a roto-mold single piece side/shell as the single piece units are near impossible to repair.

Quite honestly, if all I had to buy a spa was $4000, I would go buy a used spa in a major brand name instead.... or buy a sauna.

A word to the wise about little tubs, be aware they are more difficult to maintain water chemistry-wise than a larger tub.

Larger bodies of water suffer less of an impact from use than little ones do, it is strait math.

A three year old Sundance, Marquis, Jacuzzi Premium, Clearwater, or Bullfrog would all be better choices.

Noted. I've done some searching locally and the spas that are for sale in the classifieds/Kijiji/Craigslist are all extremely expensive, extremely overpriced, or both. The only <$5K spas are ones with known problems such as broken pumps, etc... and that is swaying us towards something new w/ warranty over something where I might be buying someone else's problems to their delight, know what I mean?

Both lines of Freeflow have removable sides, it's just there's no colour selection in their Sport line - it's the same as the inside of the tub. The Premier line has synthetic wood sides and available in 4 colours, all obviously removable panels there as well.

No need for a sauna as our gym memberships have them included, and, a sauna room in the basement is roughed-in and scheduled for about 5-7 years from now -- a hot tub is higher priority on the list right now. ;)

Thanks for the insight though. We'll keep an eye on on the used market locally as well as take a bit longer to drop a wad of cash on this before truly doing our research. ;)

Cheers!

Anything with removable sides is a better choice than a roto-mold single piece side/shell as the single piece units are near impossible to repair.

Quite honestly, if all I had to buy a spa was $4000, I would go buy a used spa in a major brand name instead.... or buy a sauna.

A word to the wise about little tubs, be aware they are more difficult to maintain water chemistry-wise than a larger tub.

Larger bodies of water suffer less of an impact from use than little ones do, it is strait math.

A three year old Sundance, Marquis, Jacuzzi Premium, Clearwater, or Bullfrog would all be better choices.

There is nothing wrong with the Roto molds,,,, they have a lot of the same guts that the big lines have.... yes the Freeflow premier sereis have removable sides. So does the South Pacific which also has a hard rot mold two piece cover with built in lifter,,, also the Srong spas are built well...I would still buy these over a used spa anyday... not tio say there are not some great buys on used with a high end brand, But i have sold lots of the rotomolds and actually have less warranty or service calls on these than my main lines.....they are great little spas at a great buy on a budget..

• 6 months later...

I am trying to find out if the roto molded polyethylene spas are or are not a long lasting investment. It is said elsewhere that polymer shells are much more durable than acrylic. Here, I am trying to find out if there are maintenance/repair problems in the long run due to limited access.

Spa_Guru says "Anything with removable sides is a better choice than a roto-mold single piece side/shell as the single piece units are near impossible to repair."

In an older thread, http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23662 , "The problem is that this spa is a one piece design and there is not access to most of the jets. You would have to remove the skirt, cut holes in the glass, and dig out the foam to make a repair."

The spa Guy says: "There is nothing wrong with the Roto molds, ..., yes the Freeflow premier series have removable sides."

An apparent contradiction. Which one is true?

Also, does anybody know if the ** Freeflow Tropic ** (current model round roto molded tub) has access panels and/or if all jets are accessible or repairable?

[i know the South Pacific roto molded does have access panels all around, because I've seen a picture showing it. So 'roto molded' and accessibility are not a contradiction. What about the Freeflow?]

I hope we will finally get to the grounds of this and separate facts from believe :)

I am trying to find out if the roto molded polyethylene spas are or are not a long lasting investment. It is said elsewhere that polymer shells are much more durable than acrylic. Here, I am trying to find out if there are maintenance/repair problems in the long run due to limited access.

Spa_Guru says "Anything with removable sides is a better choice than a roto-mold single piece side/shell as the single piece units are near impossible to repair."

In an older thread, http://www.poolspafo...showtopic=23662 , "The problem is that this spa is a one piece design and there is not access to most of the jets. You would have to remove the skirt, cut holes in the glass, and dig out the foam to make a repair."

The spa Guy says: "There is nothing wrong with the Roto molds, ..., yes the Freeflow premier series have removable sides."

An apparent contradiction. Which one is true?

Also, does anybody know if the ** Freeflow Tropic ** (current model round roto molded tub) has access panels and/or if all jets are accessible or repairable?

[i know the South Pacific roto molded does have access panels all around, because I've seen a picture showing it. So 'roto molded' and accessibility are not a contradiction. What about the Freeflow?]

I hope we will finally get to the grounds of this and separate facts from believe :)

If a roto molded spa has acccess on the sides under some type of skirting (some models have skirting, some don't) its because they've taken a router and created the accesss before they put the skirting in place. If you feel a need to get into the side of one and it has skirting but no hole under the skirting you can simply make a cutout yourself. Otherwise you tip them on their side and access through the bottom. Pretty easy really if you ever need to.