Prodigy Temp Regulation

2story

Hello!

I am new here I have a 04 Prodigy Serial H3E1485

Temp is set on 80, temp of water in the tub is 95, I am a HVAC tech-which means I know nothing about hot tubs but would ASSUME that I have a dirty or bad thermistor, I see on the board that I have a Hi limit, next to it a thermal reg jack, one is on the inlet and the other on the outlet of the heater, do they screw in to the heater ? Is this my problem?? It is not a big issue except in the summer when i would like to let it cool off, with minimal use. Is cleaning it something I should bother with? Drain the tub to replace or wet??

Hello!

I am new here I have a 04 Prodigy Serial H3E1485

Temp is set on 80, temp of water in the tub is 95, I am a HVAC tech-which means I know nothing about hot tubs but would ASSUME that I have a dirty or bad thermistor, I see on the board that I have a Hi limit, next to it a thermal reg jack, one is on the inlet and the other on the outlet of the heater, do they screw in to the heater ? Is this my problem?? It is not a big issue except in the summer when i would like to let it cool off, with minimal use. Is cleaning it something I should bother with? Drain the tub to replace or wet??

Are you in a warm climate? Pool water is in the mid 80's right now with no heater. In a hot tub with a circulation pump running all the time and a cover with good insulation it's hard to keep the water below the mid 90's unless you add cold water. To be sure that there is no problem with the thermistors or control panel you could turn the heater breaker off (if 220volts) or disconnect the heater (if 110 volts) and see if anything changes. It is pretty normal though for tubs to maintain temps in the mid 90's in the summer with the heater turned off.

What Dan said. They don't come with air conditioners.... In our area, it's tough to keep them below 100F in the summer.

If you're concerned it's a bad thermistor, is the "ready" light lit?

If the thermistor is truly bad, then the ready light will be lit when the spa is too hot, while set low.

If the thermistor is not lit, then try venting the cover, and putting it in "summer mode."

Or, you could move a jumper onto jp10 on the circuit board, and the spa will display both set, and actual temp.