Buying A New Hot Tub - Advice On Pricing

dave92

We’re just in the beginning stages of looking into buying a hot tub. We live in Des Moines, Iowa. I’ve seen a lot of hot tubs displayed at the Iowa State Fair (coming up in 2 weeks). Any advice on negotiating the price? Keep in mind, we’re not 100% sure what style we want. But I figure once we determine that (size, model, extra features like lighting, sound system, ect), I’d like to get a feel for how to go about getting the best price. I’m trying to gather as much info as possible cause I figure when we’re there and if they quote us something, I have a feeling it’s going to be one of those, this price is only good for one day offers. Anyone have any experience in this?

And yes, we definitely plan on doing some wet tests on a few tubs before we purchase anything.

Again, thanks in advance!

Just like the doc said i would stick with your local dealers, there are alot of outside companies that show up to the fair sell than leave, they may even tell you a local dealer will take care of you.. i would watch for that,,,I sell at fairs, and there are alot of dealers like us that go to the fair with our best price, our fair runs 10 days, we tell our customersthey have till the end of the fair,,, i am not a fan of stereos in spas, lights are fine... but i would talk to the dealers listen to there pitc. find out whats the best fit for you, with the tub, the backing, the dealer, the service after the sale, good luck on the hunt