BEWARE of wavetec

Guest Mike (EL PASO, TX)

Guest Mike (EL PASO, TX)

We are also in EL Paso, TX (west side) and have been going thru this since June of this year. Email us back and we will discuss what happened to us and a few others in our area.

Mike

yaesumike@excite.com

Well we checked all "references" we could before we decided to buy it. We checked the better business bureau also. As for the contract that is something you don't SEE untill you've said yes to the loan. After your 3 day "backout" time is over and your screwed then they send you papers. The contract is very one sided and protects the wavetec company only. I'm no newbie, Im nearly 50 years old and have bought and put in 3 pools in my lifetime. This was plain and simple a horrible company to get involved in.

Lucky for us our pool is near completion, as for other people in my area that bought a pool from them they are having the same problem with wavetec as we went thru. I'm betting they will not even get completed this year or not at all.

Mike

No doubt they are bums and sorry to hear about your troubles, but when you are signing for something for alot of money read the darn contract and get references.

• 1 month later...

No doubt they are bums and sorry to hear about your troubles, but when you are signing for something for alot of money read the darn contract and get references.

I did extensive research with the BBB and other websites. They had references for me to call. What more can a person do if it hasn't been reported to the BBB or FTC. I just thought you should know that I am in the same sorry situation as the others and I did look over the contract.

Well, I have complained 5 times with the BBB but you know all they do is to gain time since everytime they respond they get another 12 days to respond. So far the BBB has done nothin about it. In fact, the Wave Tec Pools has been removed and it says "updating" it has been like that for the past 2 weeks. I wonder what is going on. Check this link its my BBB case.

http://70.129.204.147/complaint/view/90065506/c/8fpmdv

My pool is done but just as I anticipated it leaks like one inch a day. Here in El Paso its like 400 dollars in fines to use all that water every day.

We need to get together and sue them. I am in the process but we need more people. I know in El Paso area we have 30+ pools not finished and some are in the same stage.

As soon as Wave Tec gets the 3th check we will not see them again and you will have to contact them every day with no luck.

• 5 months later...

Well It has not even been a year for me. this is the worst thing i have ever delt with, I had my house built then 2 months after we closed we let wave tec put in a piece of crap, the first installer was MR. ROY DAVIS, that was awful. I have had NOTHING but issues with this pool they got it finished the first time at the end of AUG,2005 then the pool was leaking and water was getting behind the linner, well i have had water and linner issues 7 times now, they had to come and re dig up my pool and do it again. will this nightmare ever end, I have had enough of paying for this piece of trash, and my house was used to get financed, Something has to be done. I have been waiting for 3 days for them to call me back to let me know when they are going to come out, I live in Baytown Texas. I have had to leave my job so many times to meet wave tec at the house and baby sit them and watch them work. not to mention my liner has a whole, my light don't work. and i am loosing water, I have spent hundreds of dollars on water bills with them refilling the pool. and the night they came to dig, they busted the gas line, the phone line and the cable,, HOw can you NOT see the flags????????????? I WANT IT FIXED !!! I don't think it's right to pay for this. I will pay when it's fixed and can be used. YOU SHOULD SEE MY PICTURES !!!!