Hot Springs Jetsetter Thermostat

tebo

Having trouble with regulating the temp. on my 2005 Jetsetter. It is not registering any temperature and when I do get a read out on my display area it gives a UE-4 reading(or EU-4). I think, from what I have read, it is the thermostor. Wondering if it is hard to replace. I have looked at parts on line and know, more or less, how to replace it, but do I need to drain the hot tub? When I started to remove the end that attaches to the heater water leaks. Just wondering who had undertaken this process and whether or not I should attempt it or call the dealership. (Expensive service call). What would you all suggest?

a 2005 Jetsetter doesn't display the actual water temp. (unless you change one of the program jumpers in the control box)

It only display's the "set" temp.

UE-4 was Hot Springs way to get around UL restrictions, and setting your spa at a temp higher than 104.

UE4 is the max. Simply turn it down. UE4 means 107.

UE3 means 106.5

UE2 means 106

UE1 means 105

104 means 104

a 2005 Jetsetter doesn't display the actual water temp. (unless you change one of the program jumpers in the control box)

It only display's the "set" temp.

UE-4 was Hot Springs way to get around UL restrictions, and setting your spa at a temp higher than 104.

UE4 is the max. Simply turn it down. UE4 means 107.

UE3 means 106.5

UE2 means 106

UE1 means 105

104 means 104

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, I can't turn down the heat. Nothing responds to the + or - bottons on the temp. It doesn't display any temperature. I only got the UE-4 when I plugged it in after unplugging it, then no reading at all.

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, I can't turn down the heat. Nothing responds to the + or - bottons on the temp. It doesn't display any temperature. I only got the UE-4 when I plugged it in after unplugging it, then no reading at all.

If you don't want to call a tech, the first thing we would do is remove the control head from the faceplate. It sounds as though one of the buttons on the faceplate may be depressing a switch on the control head, making it useless.

Remove the faceplate, try depressing the switches on the control manually, and see if that fixes it. If it does, then just removing and cleaning the buttons, possibly replacing a spring or two will fix it.

If depressing the buttons manually still doesn't fix it, you'll need a new control head.

• 4 years later...

I bought my hot springs jetsetter in 2007(from hot springs dealer) , so I assume? that it is that vintage . Serial #JJ 3J1037. hooked up 110V. I didn't change the silver purifier, it came apart and the small beads destroyed the circulation pump. I replaced it and the heater element, thermistor and high limit switch. I'm not getting heat. I have spoken with back yard parts who I got these parts from, we checked the voltages and everything seems to be running correctly. The control panel shows 104, and the heater light goes out @ 100. I recently read about the UE 1,2, 3 and 4 over rides. How do I get to those??

Was something 'tripped' when I replaced all of the components? I never thought to stick a thermostat in the water during the 8 years or so that I used the tub without any complaint. I just know that I liked it hot, it was hot, and after about 10 minutes I had to get out and cool off. I know this has been address before and I hope that the 'spa guru', (preservedswine) will chime in. I don't know how to contact you directly so I'd appreciate your input!

I can't remember the year but they stopped doing the ut1, 2 3,and 4 around that time.

If it doesn't go any higher than 104 when you hit the + button then yours can't do it. First thing to do is check the water temp with a medical thermometer to see if it really is 100 or is it close to 104. If the temp really is 100 and the thermistors are good then the only other thing to do would be plugging in a new control head to see if it helps.

Look again at the voltage on the heater circuit-board. That particular circuit-board is destined to fail. Ensure you're getting 120v (or 240v if wired for 240v) ACROSS the the heater terminals on the heater circuit-board.

In 2007, the logic of ut1, ut2, ut3, and ut4 had ended. There is no way to get it back. That logic is contained in the control head, not the main PCB.