Limelight "pluse" Or Sundance "optima "

Price included on both set up, cover, chemicals, steps. Now this difference...Limelight Pulse was $8,000. plus 6% sales tax. Sundance Optima $11,400. Tax included plus $500.00 VISA rebate from Sundance. Sure looked like the Sundance was of better quality, both had the comfort and appeal, but felt Sundance had better filtering system. Is the $3,000. worth the difference? Hope someone out there can help and clarify for me ... Thanks for your comments in advance. Also, what your feel about the prices?

Price included on both set up, cover, chemicals, steps. Now this difference...Limelight Pulse was $8,000. plus 6% sales tax. Sundance Optima $11,400. Tax included plus $500.00 VISA rebate from Sundance. Sure looked like the Sundance was of better quality, both had the comfort and appeal, but felt Sundance had better filtering system. Is the $3,000. worth the difference? Hope someone out there can help and clarify for me ... Thanks for your comments in advance. Also, what your feel about the prices?

There is no simple answer to that. Both are good spas and both use a single filter on a circ pump and will filter just fine and if they were same price then it might be an obvious answer but only you can decide if the Optima is worth the extra $3k to you. Try to wet test them. You may find both are great and the $3k is better spent elsewhere or you may find a real preference.

Southsidedean,

Wet testing both tubs has already been recommended. But I would emphasize the importance of the wet test. There is no way for anyone to get a sense of the hydrotherapy of any given tub nor how their particular body sets in any particular tub without first wet testing the specific model they intend to buy. Sitting in a dry tub or wet testing a "similar" tub, i.e., different model by the same manufacturer (because that was the only tub the dealer had filled for wet testing) is not going to give you the proper sensory feedback necessary to make an informed choice on the tub you want to buy.

Take your time during the wet test to fully explore as best you can the features and feel each tub provides. Ideally, you should wet test each tub in the same day so your sensory recollection is still fresh. Once you get a feel of each tub, the rest is simply a value judgment and/or cost benefit analysis that only you alone can make.

(As has been stated many times over on this forum) Dealer support is also an important consideration once you own a hot tub. The quality and/or level of the dealer support in your area may or may not be a deciding factor, but it should be part of the equation.

Just a note concerning price...

The up-front price difference between the two tubs you mentioned is significant. But given that most tub owners keep their tub for 10+ years, the difference in price when considered over the life of the tub may not be that significant when all other factors are considered. Just something else to consider in your analysis.

BTW, for purposes of full disclosure, I own a 2009 Sundance Optima, which I enjoy very much. I have no connection to the hot tub industry except as a consumer.

good luck with your shopping.

narukami B)

Only you can answer the question as to "worth?" I think you could do a little better on pricing for the Pulse, but I don't see the Pulse as a direct competitor to the Optima either. I'd think the Pulse would be more comparable to the Chelsea. If you're looking for a more even competitor, I'd put the HotSpring Grandee up against the Optima. Have you wet tested either of the tubs, and what were your impressions?

After a wet test in The Sundance Optima our decision was made.... Yep our choice is made and

One of the main drawing points was the foot jets in the Optima and after reading all the comments in the forums seem like you can't go wrong with a Sundance. Now the waiting anticipates for delivery.... I'll keep you post in the coming weeks. Thanks for your comments. :)

After a wet test in The Sundance Optima our decision was made.... Yep our choice is made and

One of the main drawing points was the foot jets in the Optima and after reading all the comments in the forums seem like you can't go wrong with a Sundance. Now the waiting anticipates for delivery.... I'll keep you post in the coming weeks. Thanks for your comments. :)

Excellent choice. We've had ours for about 8 months now and it's an awesome tub.

The foot jets in the Optima was one of the many reasons why we chose the Sundance Optima. Our dealer has also been great. Good luck with your new tub. If you're not familiar with hot tub water maintenance, be sure to study the Hot Tub Water Chemistry link in the Pool/Spa Water Care Section of this forum while you're waiting for delivery of your new tub. The Hot Tub Water Chemistry section is loaded with useful information that you should review before you begin using your new tub. The information there will start you on the right path to good water maintenance protocols that will effectively and economically keep your water healthy and safe for a lifetime of hot tub enjoyment.

Good luck with your new tub.

And indirectly...my thanks and appreciation to all the contributors of the Hot Tub Water Chemistry section...(waterbear, chemgeek, Nitro, et al), who continue to share their knowledge and expertise to educate the less informed.

Kindest regards,

narukami B)

Just took delivery on our Cameo yesterday. Crane and then sliding it around to the back deck...DICEY. Had an inch and a half to spare on making a turn. Electrician did not leave as much wire as I had instructed, so the hookup was close...3 inches less and we would have had an issue. Everything was a chore, but it allw orked out.

Filled it up, with water from a mountain spring fed supply...41 degrees! Suddenly, the jets kicked on when all but the highest jets were covered and sprayed us all with icy water. Funny stuff.

Congrats on your purchase!