Hydro Spa Slag Off Other Hot Tubs

Karen

I was amazed when looking on eBay.co.uk to find that Hydro Spa UK are slagging off other hot tub manufacturers. They must be well up there own arses.

I run a business and we do not slag off the competition so why do they.

Hydro Spa must be feeling the pinch from good competition and I wondered if anyone else has heard this from this company.

I looked at the Hydro Spas and spoke with a sales guy who was very cocky and smug. The spa does not seem that special and is probably a cheap spa itself. He said it was half price but when I got home and checked you can buy these from Party Pool for $7000 not £7000. That means with shipping I would pay £4000 saving £3000 from the dealer. WOW

Its a cheap spa just like the rest of the cheap spas. What do you think??

- I had to look that one up! According to The Urban Dictionary (www.urbandictionary.com), to slag (someone) off means "To verbally attack [someone], using disparaging terms". - Tom

- - - - -

On Feb 6, I searched the UK eBay site for "Hydro Spa" and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. Karen and others were invited to give evidence of Hydro Spa UK "slagging off other hot tub manufacturers". In the absence of such evidence, this is just hearsay and the thread is closed. - Tom

Ummm? What does "slagging off" mean?

I was amazed when looking on eBay.co.uk to find that Hydro Spa UK are slagging off other hot tub manufacturers. They must be well up there own arses.

I run a business and we do not slag off the competition so why do they.

Hydro Spa must be feeling the pinch from good competition and I wondered if anyone else has heard this from this company.

I looked at the Hydro Spas and spoke with a sales guy who was very cocky and smug. The spa does not seem that special and is probably a cheap spa itself. He said it was half price but when I got home and checked you can buy these from Party Pool for $7000 not £7000. That means with shipping I would pay £4000 saving £3000 from the dealer. WOW

Its a cheap spa just like the rest of the cheap spas. What do you think??

- I had to look that one up! According to The Urban Dictionary (www.urbandictionary.com), to slag (someone) off means "To verbally attack [someone], using disparaging terms". - Tom

Ummm? What does "slagging off" mean?

Paint, this was at the bottom of the post, you missed it.

I had to look that one up! According to The Urban Dictionary (www.urbandictionary.com), to slag (someone) off means "To verbally attack [someone], using disparaging terms". - Tom

Good Job on the translation Tom

Hello Karen,

Welcome. I do dislike it when one salesperson speaks ill of a competing product. I have a policy with my own salesfolk: if I hear about them doing it they are tied to the mast and flogged.

Now- about the spa. If you buy it from the one source - was that a web site? - will you get a tub rigged up for US power? I would hate to see you have it shipped to you and then need Euro power or whatnot.

What about service?

B)

Paint, this was at the bottom of the post, you missed it.

I had to look that one up! According to The Urban Dictionary (www.urbandictionary.com), to slag (someone) off means "To verbally attack [someone], using disparaging terms". - Tom

Good Job on the translation Tom

Well, thanks Spa User Guy. While my first thought was that the definition was not in the post when I replied and that perhaps you were just being, well, a jerk, I'm going to presume that, aside from your obvious trouble with name recognition, you were, in fact, trying to be helpful. Thanks. I appreciate it. ;)

Its funny,

whilst looking for my spa, I had not only people wirting off other businesses, but in one business they actually personally attacked the staff working at other stores claiming they were dodgy, had been fired from previous jobs for stealing, were very dishonest etc. Bizzare :blink:

We got out of that place asap.

if this is true, and i bet your not lying about it, then thats one great reason to avoid hydrospa. thats a pretty crappy way of doing business.

Some companies in the world sell a tight product and make good coin off each unit, and some companies just wanna move a ton of product for a lesser margin. If all were true on this forum, I'd say hydroflaw

sells a lesser product. but if people are buying, and the guy with the big investment is making big dough, then why would anything change?

But i would assume they would have a smarter sales staff than that.

Thats one more client they lost to the competition.

Hydrop Spa has a descent product from what I have read. I don't believe in bashing other companies whether it be Hydra Spa or another company. Especially since I'm a reseller for many companies I feel that each company has something unique to offer. Hydra Spa is trying to publicize their unique product as being the "luxury Spa". I don't know enought about Hydra Spa to talk about it but I think they made a mistake if they talked badly about other products.

Best,

I was amazed when looking on eBay.co.uk to find that Hydro Spa UK are slagging off other hot tub manufacturers.

At home this weekend I searched the UK eBay site for "Hydro Spa" and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

Karen, if you are still on the thread, please provide specific examples to show what you mean. If anyone else has examples, share the URLs. Otherwise, this is just hearsay and the thread will be closed.