Fl Fault On The Top Side Control

wwaple

Hi all------- :) My Calspa System Spa has a ongoing problem of going out on a FL Fault on the topside control. which shuts the system down and has to be reset. I have resently replaced The Blower motor. and both 5HP circulation pumps and the cirulating pump. I do have some gate valve problems. and have just received new fittings to eliminate the gate valves. anyone else have this problem with The FL Fault on the topside control. Thanks in advance. Bill

dirty filter, old filter

Thanks for the fast reply. The filters are brand new. this is a ongoing problem even with no filters in place in will fault. I am in the process of eliminating all gate valves, 2 had the handles pull out and I used threaded rod screwed into the gate to open them, looking for a restrictions again thanks for the reply Bill

Does the system have a pressure switch? If so, that could be the problem.

Thanks Chaisti. So far I can not locate the pressure switch. it has to be inline right. I have to air trol valves. those are visible inline. schmatic lousey Cal Spa Tech wont give any info, AS always they say call a servise person at $150. just to come no way with help from people like you I will get it fixed. I have a descaling soulution running now then I will drain replace all bad gate valves with direct plumbing, gate valves are a pain . Bill

Ok Mr. Spa Guy B) Found the pressure switch. right were you said.I kept pushing the jet button till I got a F1 fault. then I disconected a wire from the pressure switch it reset the topside control and when the jet button was pressed it ran, :wub: Now for the big question,how important is this switch and what does it do. can it just be left disconected. or replaced. #2 is this a normaly open or closed switch. but so far it works fine but will test again and again. Bill

Ok Mr. Spa Guy B) Found the pressure switch. right were you said.I kept pushing the jet button till I got a F1 fault. then I disconected a wire from the pressure switch it reset the topside control and when the jet button was pressed it ran, :wub: Now for the big question,how important is this switch and what does it do. can it just be left disconected. or replaced. #2 is this a normaly open or closed switch. but so far it works fine but will test again and again. Bill

Whats the problem with the gatevalves? Are they stuck partialy closed, wont work or leaking?

First for Spa Tech. After years of use they do go bad. Like not closing 100%. and The pull handles pull out from the actual Gate,as some of mine did. I just cut them out and put a straight pc. inline. I do not need any gate valves If something needs replacement I drain the Spa. No big deal. I drain the Spa often as it gets heavy use all Year long. IN Central NJ. NOW Hopefully everything is up running. I put a whole bottle of Spa Flush thats for 800 gals. It flushed and cleaned scale and deposits and the jets look new. I ran the spa for 4 cycles of 30 minutes each at 100 Degrees.Yes no filters (REMOVED) let stand over night. Drained. Removed pressure Valve it was clean as a whistle and working no need to replace. So The fix was replace faulty gate valves, Flush the whole system with cleaner. that unclogged the pressure Valve. and air valves as well. Faults are gone. Oh filters are also new. So many thanks to all that replied . Hope I can help others .Bill

PS. I only use Bromine,Shock Stabilizer, and PH additives My water is always crystal and clean no foaming and if it foams I drain and refill. Water is cheaper then Chemicals and better for your health and Skin. I am 70 and my grandsons and family come first. And as for 5 and 3 year olds the water temp is at 94 and no heat in the summer where its 85-90 most of the time.

Glad everything is working fine for you know. To answer your question, the pressure switch is a normally open. It is closed only when water is flowing through the heating manifold. The control system requires the pressure switch to monitor the water flow. So, if it's close when it should be open, you'll get a fault and vice versa.

Glad everything is working fine for you know. To answer your question, the pressure switch is a normally open. It is closed only when water is flowing through the heating manifold. The control system requires the pressure switch to monitor the water flow. So, if it's close when it should be open, you'll get a fault and vice versa.