Hot Springs Jetsetter Leaking

Today,finally a nice day in Michigan and I set out to get our hottub ready for use after a long, cold winter. As I usually do, I had dewinterized it according to the manual. I started putting water in, and it becan to leak out the backside, the side that has the moto-massager. I found this forum and thought I'd start here. How do you get inside that part to look to see if a piece of pvc or piping needs to be replaced? I removed the four screws on the main door and can't see that area from there. Thanks.

Today,finally a nice day in Michigan and I set out to get our hottub ready for use after a long, cold winter. As I usually do, I had dewinterized it according to the manual. I started putting water in, and it becan to leak out the backside, the side that has the moto-massager. I found this forum and thought I'd start here. How do you get inside that part to look to see if a piece of pvc or piping needs to be replaced? I removed the four screws on the main door and can't see that area from there. Thanks.

What year is the jetsetter?

If it's an older model from the early 2000's and older it may be a nipple that cracked.

If it's a 2003 or up it's probably the elbow behind where the air line connects.

You would need to pull those boards off with a small pry bar. Start from the bottom of the board and work your way up.

If it's an older model from the early 2000's and older it may be a nipple that cracked.

If it's a 2003 or up it's probably the elbow behind where the air line connects.

You would need to pull those boards off with a small pry bar. Start from the bottom of the board and work your way up.

Thanks for the quick response. I will have to check and make sure, but I believe we bought it new in 2005. How are those boards attached, with some type of glue?

Thanks for the quick response. I will have to check and make sure, but I believe we bought it new in 2005. How are those boards attached, with some type of glue?

They have a couple of staples at the bottom and top and have an adhesive throughout the rest. Put a prybar behind them at the bottom and work your way up slowly. If they used a lot of adhesive they will probably break.

If that side faces the sun and there was not a ton of adhesive used they may come off easily.

When we take a trade in on a Hot Spring that leaks, we have had better luck going through the foam in the bottom. That way, you dont need to damage any side panels. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to fix a leak in a full foam spa like your Hot Spring. You have to start digging out wet, nasty foam and hope you get lucky. A wire brush also helps to remove the old wet foam from the plumbing. We are in Ann Arbor if you need some more advise. We take in lots of trades from people in your exact situation...