Need Help Strong Spa Evolution Spas

ptdave

Hi Dave here totally new here. So I'm ready folr a spa been shopping for a while. I'm from Ontario so a good spa to survive bad winters is important to me. I am currently interested in a spa on Costco.ca website called Evolution Spa Centurion 110. Its my understanding that its made by Strong Spa. The probelm with buying from Costco is I can't see the Spa before I buy it! The price is right but I just want to either see it in person or some pics from memebers or feedback. The warrenty is also much shorter than other brands. Hows realiabilty. Also if there is a warrenty issue who will they send? any info would be appreciated.

also I'm considering a spa called Apollo Rainier any info on that one?

thanks Dave

Hi Dave here totally new here. So I'm ready folr a spa been shopping for a while. I'm from Ontario so a good spa to survive bad winters is important to me. I am currently interested in a spa on Costco.ca website called Evolution Spa Centurion 110. Its my understanding that its made by Strong Spa. The probelm with buying from Costco is I can't see the Spa before I buy it! The price is right but I just want to either see it in person or some pics from memebers or feedback. The warrenty is also much shorter than other brands. Hows realiabilty. Also if there is a warrenty issue who will they send? any info would be appreciated.

thanks Dave

While neither of those are top teir or even middle teir spas, so their energy effeciency is suspect in cold climate. They are both inexpensive options to what would be considered high effeciency, high quality, long lasting hot tubs. Which will cost considerably more.

thanks Dave

While neither of those are top teir or even middle teir spas, so their energy effeciency is suspect in cold climate. They are both inexpensive options to what would be considered high effeciency, high quality, long lasting hot tubs. Which will cost considerably more.

Are they full foam? partial?

thanks Dave

Are they full foam? partial?

Looks like an interesting choice. I didn't fully appreciate that Strong's Canada offerings via Costco are totally different than here in the US. Strong is not full foam, they are perimeter, think Arctic. No problems down here with mild winters, I can't speak for temps much below the mid 20's, normally 30's. For your specific spa, do you want a lounger? While I don't think those 110 jets are necessary (I think my 80 are overkill) I do think you'll enjoy the two pumps plus air pump.

I would suggest taking a look at the 16 page Strong thread. How's Your Evolution Spa (strong Spa) Working It's mostly about the CSXi80, but you'll get impressions on Costco and Strong in general. One thing that I am not understanding is your belief that this specific spa has an inferior warranty. In the US we are backed by the Costco return policy. In effect it provides the best warranty available in my opinion.

Good luck with your decision.

DK117

Dave, I own the Evolution spa from Strong / Costco. The warranty is shorter because they offer it through Costco at a reduced price. It is exactly the same components as the Strong spa and the same support - which has been excellent. As you read through all the postings on Evolution and Strong, what you will discover is that most owners of Evolution Spas are very happy and those who are the most critical are dealers and service people (who have never seen or worked on a Strong spa). Go figure.

As far as support, I think it is a fair question to ask Evolution (Strong) as to how you would receive local support if you do need warranty support, or out of warrant support for that matter. In fact, that is a fair question for all manufacturers directly, not the local dealer. I'm sure if you call them, you will find them to be very helpful.

The rotational molded exterior is very durable and I believe has a lifetime warranty. I actually looked at the models at a Strong dealer - and i was willing to spend more money to buy it direct from them (with the longer warranty), but we couldn't strike a deal.

I went with the Crestwood finish. I agree with DK117 - check out the other thread.

Good luck.