Limelight Flair Questions?

armyguy

So I finally got my used 2008 Limelight Flair hot tub all hooked up. It is not starting out good because I guess there is like white algae in the tub so I am in the middle of doing the Nitro Decontamination process.

As far as everything else goes, I have two questions.

1. It seems that about 5 of the LED's are burnt out and 1 LED is stuck on blue and always stays on. How much do new LEDs for this spa cost and how hard are they to change?

2. My spa has the audio system in it with the wireless IPOD ICAST system. I see the music options and have them all turned on but I cannot get the music to play for some reason. I figure probably because everything was reset during the move and disconnecting the power. How do I make it pick up the wireless transmitter again?? I cant find it anywhere online or in the manual.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Come on people...some answers would be nice. All these views but no help???

1) LED lights should be fairly easy to replace as they should be front-serviceable. If in doubt just buy 1 from the local dealer and try it out but ask them if there is a tool to remove the from face before you get too far. Maybe they can show you in the showroom.

2) Not sure. Why not ask at teh dealer while you're there getting the lights.

Come on people...some answers would be nice. All these views but no help???

1) LED lights should be fairly easy to replace as they should be front-serviceable. If in doubt just buy 1 from the local dealer and try it out but ask them if there is a tool to remove the from face before you get too far. Maybe they can show you in the showroom.

2) Not sure. Why not ask at teh dealer while you're there getting the lights.

The lights are front serviceable. However, if it is a wiring issue it is a bitch. Don't even try.

Ask the dealer if they have a copy of the ICast owner's manual. You can try shutting down and restarting. Check the channels on the back of the ICast transmitter. Try different settings.

The lights are front serviceable. However, if it is a wiring issue it is a bitch. Don't even try.

Ask the dealer if they have a copy of the ICast owner's manual. You can try shutting down and restarting. Check the channels on the back of the ICast transmitter. Try different settings.

Thanks for the replies so far.

So I have been contacting several dealers and none seem to be aware of the problem other thatn a few saying to replace the lights.

I did as much research as I could possibly find on the internet and phone calls. From what I found on the web, a few people had the same exact problem as me and were told that the light controllers were bad on the 2008 models.

Would that controller have anything to do with the stereo though? The post I found the guy had the same thing as me..no lights working and no stereo when he flicked the breakers in the subpanel off.

I have got the stereo to the point of where I can hear static in the speakers but still no sound. I have a new light controller on order so it should be here soon. We will see if that fixes the problems.

How often was the actual wiring bad in these things? I sure hope it is just a simple swap of the lights. I know you have to dig out foam to get to all the wiring.

And I have tried going to my dealer. They are not the most helpful. I think they are mad because I did not buy the hot tub from them. Everytime I try to get help, they act like it is taking up too much of their precious time, which is sad because I have been buying all of my parts and chems from them. Then as soon as someone walks in and I am in the middle of talking to them, they are like "oh ok mate, I have to go help this other customer". The thing that sucks worse is that they are the only local dealer. The next closest Hot Spring dealer is about 45 mins away.

I've only had to replace the female portion of the light once or twice, out of thousands of light replacements. Not really an issue with the "wiring," just a small amount of foam digging.

The bad light controllers weren't an issue for one or two lights not working, they had a communication error with the i2C interface, that caused other issues, including possible stereo problems. If you just have a few lights that are in/op, just replace them. They're very inexpensive, you just need the key-ring tool to get them out.

On the stereo, are you sending the signal wirelessly, or are you wired?

armyguy - there are lots of helpful folks on this site but I think maybe there are not many who can offer the advice you need. luckily a couple of people have come forward.

I'll offer my suggestions, which are sincere, but probably will not be of use to you:

1) Forget about the lights, you don't need them. Just enjoy the tub with out them.

2) Sound quality, if you get the "stereo" to work will not be very good. If you must have music, get a separate system.

Again, not trying to be a wise guy, just giving my personal opinion, which as I said may not be of much use to you. Hopefully the problems with these systems, which are not necessary for spa enjoyment, was factored into the price you paid.

To preservedswine..

By the female portion do you mean the part that is on the inside (shell) of the spa that is accessible after draining the water? I only have I think 5 lights that are burnt out and 1 that is stuck on the same color, well that was before I turned the breakers off and on which now none of the lights work at all.

As far as the stereo, it is the wireless ICAST system. I unplugged and plugged everything today and started messing with all the settings. For some reason I got it to work, although the ICAST transimitter and receiver are set on #2 and the spa is set on #3 on the topside control panel. The only thing I dont think is working is the transmitter now completely. It will only work if I plug the ipod in via the AUX jack in the back. It wont work if I put the ipod in the little cradle thing that it is supposed to be in. I did find out by playing with it that you have to have the ipod volume all the way up and then adjust the volume accordingly via the spa.

To spawn,

Thanks for the comments. The stereo actually sounds really good now and is loud. The only thing I dont like is that there is really no bass. I am thinking about ordering the wireless bass speaker that you can buy from soundcast to complete it. It really just depends on what they do for me on the transmitter part.

And I also just ordered one of these that I am going to put in. It should be here Friday. http://pioneerh2o.com/ISIS-Phosphates.php

To preservedswine..

By the female portion do you mean the part that is on the inside (shell) of the spa that is accessible after draining the water? I only have I think 5 lights that are burnt out and 1 that is stuck on the same color, well that was before I turned the breakers off and on which now none of the lights work at all.

As far as the stereo, it is the wireless ICAST system. I unplugged and plugged everything today and started messing with all the settings. For some reason I got it to work, although the ICAST transimitter and receiver are set on #2 and the spa is set on #3 on the topside control panel. The only thing I dont think is working is the transmitter now completely. It will only work if I plug the ipod in via the AUX jack in the back. It wont work if I put the ipod in the little cradle thing that it is supposed to be in. I did find out by playing with it that you have to have the ipod volume all the way up and then adjust the volume accordingly via the spa.

To spawn,

Thanks for the comments. The stereo actually sounds really good now and is loud. The only thing I dont like is that there is really no bass. I am thinking about ordering the wireless bass speaker that you can buy from soundcast to complete it. It really just depends on what they do for me on the transmitter part.

And I also just ordered one of these that I am going to put in. It should be here Friday. http://pioneerh2o.com/ISIS-Phosphates.php

By female, I mean the actual female light housing which is installed through a hole in the shell, not simply the male l.e.d. that pops out easily. I've only replaced them after water intrusion (which happens) led to overheating and melting part of a harness on the actual housing. I doubt you need to replace any of the female housings- just drain the spa, remove bad led's, dry the housing, and install new led's.

The light system on this spa is very cool.

The receiver and transmitter need to be on the same channel, but the topside does not. Try another channel on the topside, and be sure the lights are flashing (on transmitter and rec'vr) indicating it's communicating properly. Be sure the receiver antenna is mounted high in the control box- range is pretty limited. Good luck with the bass and bromine :)

To preservedswine..

To spawn,

Glad to hear that you got the stereo working and are enjoying it. No doubt the additioanl bass would improve things, but at least you have something that is acceptable for you.

Too bad the lights are completely gone now. Our lights work, but we very rarely use them. Actually it is a single large light in the tub that cycles through colors or can be made to stay one color. We turn it on the few times per year that friends might be getting in with us.

Good luck with your continued repairs.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright..so I can't figure out for the life of me why all of a sudden none of the lights work after resetting the breakers. I tried tracing the wiring down to look for a possible fuse but could not find any in-line fuse. The lights worked fine before except for the 5 that were burned out. What would have caused ALL the lights to stop workin just by resetting the breakers. I even put the new updated controller in with negative results...still no lights.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? My local dealer seems to think all the lights burned out and they want to replace them all at the cost of 11 bucks per light. I think there are like 27 lights in the flair. I don't see how turnin the breaker on and off could just burn out all of the lights. It really just seems like a fuse or something.

Alright..so I can't figure out for the life of me why all of a sudden none of the lights work after resetting the breakers. I tried tracing the wiring down to look for a possible fuse but could not find any in-line fuse. The lights worked fine before except for the 5 that were burned out. What would have caused ALL the lights to stop workin just by resetting the breakers. I even put the new updated controller in with negative results...still no lights.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? My local dealer seems to think all the lights burned out and they want to replace them all at the cost of 11 bucks per light. I think there are like 27 lights in the flair. I don't see how turnin the breaker on and off could just burn out all of the lights. It really just seems like a fuse or something.

A single bad light can cause all lights not to work.

Replace the broken ones.

It's not a good idea to let a bad light go unattended for a very long time, unless you're just not ever going to fix them, or don't care about the lights. When one stops working, it's usually cracked, and water seeps into the light. If left long enough, the water may possibly work it's way past the rear o-ring (on the led), and damage the light housing in the spa as well. While it's not terribly difficult to repair, it is time consuming. You've just turned a 2 minute job into several hours.

Drain the spa, remove the obviously broken lights (twist counterclockwise a quarter turn then pull), then look for any condensation behind all other lights. If you see any, remove and replace those lights as well. Thoroughly dry the housings before installing new led's. Don't worry about replacing the light housing, only replace the led's... (unless the housing is melted in the back, or seriously corroded.)