Hey Guys Can You Make Some Suggestions That Would Meet My Pool Needs?

Well, summer's coming and I've been thinking about my pool solutions for this year. We just moved and in previous years we've had on of thos blue 12' round 3 ft deep pools with the inflatable ring. I need something a little bigger but don't have a ton of space in my yard. I don't want to spend alot of money but I can generally count on having 5 or 6 kids swimming in it a day. So, I want something no deeper 4 feet that's easy to set up. I also want to keep it as clean as possible. I kind of felt that the filter on my last pool wasn't quite getting the job done. What does a better job of cleaning traditional chlorine or salt water systems? An oval pool fits my back yard layout but are they as sturdy as the rounds? Also, I now have a large breed puppy that LOVES water. Do I have to worry about her jumping on the walls and ripping them? I thought a great solution would be those super strong snap together sides pools but I keep reading poor reviews on them.

Any advice or suggestions for my pool solution would be grately appreciated. Thanks Much.

What does a better job of cleaning traditional chlorine or salt water systems?

Salt systems ARE chlorine, they just make the chlorine in the pool instead of having to be added. They do simplify pool maintenance but (and I am going to shout here since it needs to be shouted) DO NOT ELIMINATE THE NEED TO TEST AND ADJUST YOUR WATER ON A REGULAR BASIS!. They have their own particular set of problem but do simplify pool maintenance. I am a firm believer in them and have a salt system on my own pool/spa.

I noticed that you said you have had Intex pools (inflatable ring pools) in the past. While this company has made a workable, inexpensive SWCG in the past their current units include copper ionization and I would NOT recommend them. Copper is an algaecide but NOT an EPA approved sanitizer and copper is what turns hair green! IMHO, copper should not be used in pools.

Salt systems ARE chlorine, they just make the chlorine in the pool instead of having to be added. They do simplify pool maintenance but (and I am going to shout here since it needs to be shouted) DO NOT ELIMINATE THE NEED TO TEST AND ADJUST YOUR WATER ON A REGULAR BASIS!. They have their own particular set of problem but do simplify pool maintenance. I am a firm believer in them and have a salt system on my own pool/spa.

I noticed that you said you have had Intex pools (inflatable ring pools) in the past. While this company has made a workable, inexpensive SWCG in the past their current units include copper ionization and I would NOT recommend them. Copper is an algaecide but NOT an EPA approved sanitizer and copper is what turns hair green! IMHO, copper should not be used in pools.

So if I want to go with a salt water clorinator does that mean I need to get a perminant pool or is there another product for the inflatable pools. My biggest annoyance with the Intex was that I felt the filter didn't keep it clean enough.

Does anyone know if the steel sided easy set pools suck? I've read good reviews and bad.

So if I want to go with a salt water clorinator does that mean I need to get a perminant pool or is there another product for the inflatable pools. My biggest annoyance with the Intex was that I felt the filter didn't keep it clean enough.

Does anyone know if the steel sided easy set pools suck? I've read good reviews and bad.

There are SWCGs for above ground pools such as Goldline's Aquatrol that perform very well but they are not cheap! Expect to spend in he neighborhood of around $500 or more for a good unit.

IMHO, with Intex products you get what you pay for. Period.