Balboa Pn 53942 Dreammaker Pn 462008 Problems

Have a 2007 Dreammaker Oydessy with the following symptoms. Light control button is flashing on and off as is the main spa light. PCB board is making a "tick tock" sound that duplicates the flashing light. No amount of resets have helped. Pump still runs to heat and filter cycle but there is no manual control of pump or light.

The Balboa PN on the aluminum box is 53942 60HZ Model RS80-UL but I can't find that PN anywhere including Balboa's site. In comparing the physical features of the board it seems to match DreamMaker PN 462008 Mach 7 control board but they list it as a 50HZ.

Thanks in advance for anyone that's run into this.

Have you tried contacting Dreammaker? I know it's out of warranty, but their tech support is great in my experience.

Have been speaking and emailing Ian at Dreammaker. Not a lot of progress on the issue so far. Thought someone out there in the real world might have run into these symptoms. Thanks.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck! How do you like your Odyssey otherwise? Any other problems over the years?

Actually pretty happy with it for what it is. It's only 3.5 years old so having board problems is a little disappointing. We actually own several hot tubs at different vacation rental properties. The Odyssey is definitely the least maintenance but comes with the down side of a slow turnaround to reheat the water. The roto moulded plastic shell is a big plus versus some of the cheesy skirts on some of our others. All in all I'd say it's a pretty good value.

I believe that Dreammaker is an independent company based in Lake Mary, Florida but does have a sales and marketing joint venture with Sunrise/Leisure Group. See here I had a great service experience with Dreammaker last May when I was installing an ozonator and again when I had a warranty claim on my cover. Just last week I emailed them with a question about using a salt water chlorine generator and received a response within 48 hours.

I believe that Dreammaker is an independent company based in Lake Mary, Florida but does have a sales and marketing joint venture with Sunrise/Leisure Group. See here I had a great service experience with Dreammaker last May when I was installing an ozonator and again when I had a warranty claim on my cover. Just last week I emailed them with a question about using a salt water chlorine generator and received a response within 48 hours.

I've been working with Ian Hague over at Dreammaker but I get the impression that he's a one man support group and pretty much overwhelmed. He eventually gets back to me either via email or phone. At this point I've done all the troubleshooting he asked me to do which is disconnect different functions of the board. I've emailed over the results but no reply yet. At this point it's clear that either the board or topside controller is bad but the question is which one. I may just purchase both planning on replacing the other somewhere down the road. Pump is running but still have the "tick tock" sound coming from the M7 box and can't use the topside controls.

I've been working with Ian Hague over at Dreammaker but I get the impression that he's a one man support group and pretty much overwhelmed. He eventually gets back to me either via email or phone. At this point I've done all the troubleshooting he asked me to do which is disconnect different functions of the board. I've emailed over the results but no reply yet. At this point it's clear that either the board or topside controller is bad but the question is which one. I may just purchase both planning on replacing the other somewhere down the road. Pump is running but still have the "tick tock" sound coming from the M7 box and can't use the topside controls.

Thanks for sending that link Mark. Based on that I pulled the trigger on parts while I can still get them. The whole thing looks really unstable.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone watching this thread the problem is fixed!!! It was the topside controller and NOT the circuit board by Balboa. If I knew how to insert an image I would add one for anyone interested. IMO it was a piece of crap. The connections were not well sealed and were totally exposed to the elements. It had no chance of lasting more than a few years. The replacement part was dramatically better. Original should have been replaced by Dreammaker. Have a used Balboa CB 53942 for sale ha!

Thanks for all the contributions.