Whats Going On With Leisure Bay?

I am a local sales rep that is in competition with Rec Warehouse...Leisure Bay spas. I know they were going thru financial troubles..arn't we all! I just want to inform my customers of whats happening. I do know that they are privatly labeling IPG spas with their logo on them for 2011. Did IPG buy them? Just dont want to give out bad info!!

I am a local sales rep that is in competition with Rec Warehouse...Leisure Bay spas. I know they were going thru financial troubles..arn't we all! I just want to inform my customers of whats happening. I do know that they are privatly labeling IPG spas with their logo on them for 2011. Did IPG buy them? Just dont want to give out bad info!!

no idea, all I know is that their tech line is MIA lol. I cant get hold of them for anything...emails have gone weeks without reply.

Are you saying they closed the factory in florida, IPG is in canada, across the border from where leisure bay started, their customer service is in lakeland florida, right next to leisure bays factory....now i am really confused! Also, rec warehouse is a separate business from leisure bay, most are privatley owned and they carry other lines of tubs including hot springs.

Well some is true. Rec did start in upper NY. Leisure bay and Rec Warehouses are owned by the same person. Rec was their retail side of the buisness. It seems that Leisure Bay has gone under and they are now contracting IPG or known as FreeStyle Spas in US to privatly label hot tubs for them. I do know there are two independant dealers for Rec.

I messed up a bit, Rec warehouse started in NY, evolved into leisure bay spas then moved to florida we were a dealer for them, went to the factory and got the whole speil. Some of the rec warehouses have gone out of business, but many of them are privatley owned, not owned by leisure bay. I have been trying all the numbers we have for leisure bay, my old sales rep ect. The only number that is working is parts, and no one answered the phone, i had to leave a message. We are trying some other calls too. I just want to know if my customers have any warrenty any more or not at this point. The leisure bay factory is also where they made dream maker spas. Leisure manufacturing is tied up with IPG, they are in Lakeland florida, not lake mary and said they are not leisure bay, they also make sunrise spas. We will continue to dig....I want to know!

This might help you

Dream Maker Spas and The Leisure Group Align

Dream Maker Spas, Lake Mary, Fla., and The Leisure Group, Grimsby, Ontario and Lakeland, Fla., have formed a strategic sales and marketing alliance.

The Celebrity acrylic spa line, previously manufactured by Leisure Bay Industries, a sister division of Dream Maker, will now be produced in the same plant as The Leisure Group's Sunrise brand, under the Dream Maker name.

"We are excited on several fronts regarding this new partnership," says Dream Maker's Dave Czech.

Dream Maker has also become the exclusive representatives for The Leisure Group's Freestyle brand in the Southeastern United States.

"We couldn't be more pleased," says TLG's Jack Layfield. "The Dream Maker Team, headed by Dave, is well entrenched in the Southeast marketplace, and we are very much looking forward to contributions they will bring to our sales and marketing efforts."

"Some natural synergies already exist between our two organizations," adds Czech, 'primarily due to our close proximities and shared commercial strategies. We believe Freestyle offers the most unique combination of innovative mold designs, quality and eco friendly features of any hot tub within the marketplace."

All of the above is right, but i just spoke to Michelle, was was a leisure bay employee, now employed by dream maker...this is what I was told....leisure Bay no longer manufactures acrylic tubs. They are still in business, and are honoring warrenties. They are still buying and selling product as Leisure Bay and there are still 20 Rec Warehouses open, that plan to stay open. They will still be selling Leisure Bay spa, Celeberty line which will now be manufactured in Canada. The line has had several changes in how it is made, steel frame, abs floor, insulation etc. Dream maker is also having a line made from these same molds (these are the original leisure bay molds) with their own branding on them. Sunrise is another line manufactured at this canada plant.

I asked about getting parts, for this has been difficult for everyone, and if they are honoring warrenties, we must be able to get a hold of someone in parts who responds back. She told me because they are not manufacturing the tubs in Lake mary anymore, it has been slow to get the parts, but they are getting them. She also gave me the managers (of the parts guy I have been calling) to let him know I am not getting a response. We are going to put a call in to him, will let you know what he says....but as of right now, there still is a leisure bay and rec warehouses and they will still have tubs they are offering.....

This is what was sent to me. Another email stated that the polysteel line will still be manufactured in Lake mary.

MEMO TO: Leisure Bay Dealer Partners

RE: Celebrity Line of Spas

We are pleased to announce that we have formed a partnership agreement with Sunrise

Spas. As part of that agreement, effective January 1, 2011, our line of Celebrity spas (the

Hilo, Bimini, Tonga, and Milan) will be produced in Sunrise Spas facility in Grimsby,

Ontario. While the current model names will remain, we will re-brand the platform under

the Dreammaker name. We will continue to manufacture the Dreammaker rotational

series, and our Polysteel line of spas in our Lake Mary, FL plant.

At the recent IPSE Show, we introduced some design enhancements that will be incorporated

into the Celebrity line for 2011. We will be moving from a wood frame to a

powder coated tubular steel frame. Additionally, we will be incorporating an ABS floor

design. Lastly, all spas will be insulated with Roxul. This is a proven insulation method,

and meets stringent CEC standards. Combined, we believe these enhancements should

advance our position within the marketplace. We will be offering some additional acrylic

colors to the current palette as well.

I am still waiting to hear from parts, and this is not even for warrenty parts! Michelle assured me they are still doing warrenty, along with paying the techs....but i am wondering since I can not seem to get ahold of anyone else. Makes it tough for people to want to continue to buy from them since they are still out there, just having tubs made by someone else.

• 2 years later...

A cautionary tale for dealers and consumers alike, buy from someone in the biz under the same name for 20+ years or plan on doing your own work.

Since '84 the bulk of the repairs I have done come from "orphaned" customers, their manufacturer is gone, the dealer is gone, or both.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. -- Ben Franklin