Need Help With No Heating Voltage On A Balboa 2000Le M7

Klez

Tub has been powered down for 2-3 years. Turned it on and get a over heat error, opened panel check wires and connections power back up. Error is gone and everything is working except I have no voltage @ element. When I power up it goes through the quick diagnostic check which energizes the heater and high limit "B" relay (so I know the solenoids are good). I have done the usual swap on the temp probes (high limit and tub) temp show the same on the display. I also checked the function of the pressure switch and it works fine (the heat light is on also). When the pressure switch is jumped or plugged in the heater relay opens. High limit "A" relay is running the circ pump fine. I jumped the high limit "B" relay (which sends voltage to element) and temp increased 4 deg in a few minutes so that double checks good flow. Relay "B" and heat are connected together and have 120v to ground. I know I have overlooked something easy, but without a schematic I am lost.

Can any one point me somewhere?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Tub has been powered down for 2-3 years. Turned it on and get a over heat error, opened panel check wires and connections power back up. Error is gone and everything is working except I have no voltage @ element. When I power up it goes through the quick diagnostic check which energizes the heater and high limit "B" relay (so I know the solenoids are good). I have done the usual swap on the temp probes (high limit and tub) temp show the same on the display. I also checked the function of the pressure switch and it works fine (the heat light is on also). When the pressure switch is jumped or plugged in the heater relay opens. High limit "A" relay is running the circ pump fine. I jumped the high limit "B" relay (which sends voltage to element) and temp increased 4 deg in a few minutes so that double checks good flow. Relay "B" and heat are connected together and have 120v to ground. I know I have overlooked something easy, but without a schematic I am lost.

Can any one point me somewhere?

Thanks!

Edit: repaired the board myself: http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27257

Called Balboa tech line and they helped me troubleshoot everything and determined a bad board. Very nice people to deal with.

Just wanted to put an end to this thread if anyone else has this problem in the future.

Edited by Klez