Crazy Question....

JPB

Can I put oils into a hot tub to prevent\lessen the dry skin and itchiness that occurs afterwards?

Specifically, can I use pure coconut oil?

My itch is not due to water chemistry (that has been ruled out) or to chemicals used in the water to sanitize (chlorine, also ruled out), and I dont use MPS.

I can only conclude that the itch is due to a combination of generally dry skin, and moisture loss due to the hot water itself. The itch generally occurs 4-5 hours after hot tub use.

Thanks,

zb

JPB, I sympathise as I have incredibly sensitive skin and. Although there is a lot of scepticism about enzyme based products, I found using EcoOne in addition to "normal" sanitizing made a huge difference - no more rash and especially no more itching from the hot tub. As you can add it without a water change, one bottle might be worth a try. Good luck!

JPB, I sympathise as I have incredibly sensitive skin and. Although there is a lot of scepticism about enzyme based products, I found using EcoOne in addition to "normal" sanitizing made a huge difference - no more rash and especially no more itching from the hot tub. As you can add it without a water change, one bottle might be worth a try. Good luck!

thanks...I will investigate further...now back to scratching ;)

• 2 months later...

thanks...I will investigate further...now back to scratching ;)

Have you tried borates. I had dry cracked skin from

my tub too. Added borates and the relief was instant. Within 3 days the skin was clear. You can also add salt to the tub as this will affect moisture content of skin. Proteam gentel spa borates. $25 will last me over a year. Good luck with soothing soaks.