Leak At Hose Connector, Is It A Special Connector?

belome

1998 Sundance Montego tub

So, I have a hose leaking. I have pictures. The white hose looks to be glued into a PVC nipple on one side. The other side has a grey connector that connects its to the clear tube. The tub is full, so I want to be able to get all the items I need to fix this before I tear it apart to research the leak.

Is there anything special about the grey connector picured? Is it simply a barb type connector? I see someone put some white silicon type stuff around it, is that 'stock' or was that an attemp to fix the leak? I added the two hose clamps and it appears to have slowed it down.

The white hose has some extra length, so I could cut it down and reattach if its the hose at fault, but I'm thinking probably the grey connector is cracked or something. [if the connector is special, where can I buy one?]

Thanks in advance.

Here are the pictures of the leak area.

http://www.belome.com/images/hotleak2.jpg

http://www.belome.com/images/hotleak1.jpg

A barb won't go into the white schd40 flex pvc very well, he added those clamps not knowing there is no barb inside that pipe. He needs to pvc glue a new (grey 3/4" pvc female slip to 3/4" id barb) fitting on the white pvc, to get that "fresh from the factory" feeling.

• 6 months later...

A barb won't go into the white schd40 flex pvc very well, he added those clamps not knowing there is no barb inside that pipe. He needs to pvc glue a new (grey 3/4" pvc female slip to 3/4" id barb) fitting on the white pvc, to get that "fresh from the factory" feeling.

Wuice, are you still around here?

I have drained my tub for the summer and plan to replace the barb now that its empty. [i did put stuff around it this winter and it nearly stopped it from leaking.]

Is this the piece I need?

1 spigot by 3/4 barb pvc 1432-131

This is a 1" Spigot (glues into a socket or fitting) by 3/4" barb fitting. It is also a 3/4" slip socket (3/4 pvc pipe glues into it) by 3/4" barb fitting.

It is located o this page:

http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?cart_id=3573738.2361&product=Barb-Adapters-Slip-Spigot

Wuice, are you still around here?

I have drained my tub for the summer and plan to replace the barb now that its empty. [i did put stuff around it this winter and it nearly stopped it from leaking.]

Is this the piece I need?

1 spigot by 3/4 barb pvc 1432-131

This is a 1" Spigot (glues into a socket or fitting) by 3/4" barb fitting. It is also a 3/4" slip socket (3/4 pvc pipe glues into it) by 3/4" barb fitting.

It is located o this page:

http://flexpvc.com/c...ers-Slip-Spigot

Looks like you are all over it

1432-131

is the part number on that page you linked, remember to get pvc primer and pvc glue.

(according to your first two pictures) you will be cutting the pipe to the right of the hose clamps you put on. Since you are cutting a little out, your new fitting will glue on to the right on the white pvc line, if there is no extra slack in the line you may need to replace the 6-8" of the braided hose to the left with something just a little longer, usually there's enough slack, but ive cussed once or twice when there isn't.

An even halfway decent hardware store will have all the materials you need (including that grey fitting)