Which Low Profile Cover Lifter For Hs Vanguard?

spa_newb

The dealer we bought our tub from only sells Covermate cover lifters. My wife and I really wanted a low profile lifter that mounts near or on the bottom of the tub so its not sticking up high. Any suggestions for a low profile lifter that is sturdy and good quality that will definitely fit a Hot Spring Vanguard? I want to order it now so we have it in time for the electrician, who regularly installs these and says he can install the lifter. I am going to cancel our order of the Covermate as it isn't sitting right with us.

The dealer we bought our tub from only sells Covermate cover lifters. My wife and I really wanted a low profile lifter that mounts near or on the bottom of the tub so its not sticking up high. Any suggestions for a low profile lifter that is sturdy and good quality that will definitely fit a Hot Spring Vanguard? I want to order it now so we have it in time for the electrician, who regularly installs these and says he can install the lifter. I am going to cancel our order of the Covermate as it isn't sitting right with us.

100% tell them you don't want a covermate...you want a cover cradle, made by hot spring for hot spring covers (it attaches to the metal plate in the cover) and uses 2 pneumatic shocks plus it sits low to the ground like you described, only downfall is that you need 24" in the rear for the pivot clearance which might be an issue for some installations

Yeah I noticed the Cover cradle was actually made by Watkins (Hot Spring). When we asked the dealer he said something about the lower profile ones subject to getting bent or messed up which is why he carries the covermate only, but we take care of our stuff so that isn't an issue to us. I am going to look again this weekend and see if the covermate bothers us, as we have to pick up something at the dealer anyway. We don't take delivery of tub for at least 3 more weeks.

This is what the profile of the covermate looks like

CoverLifter_CM1_1.othr.jpg

Maybe it isn't that bad? Will we notice much of a difference? I noticed the Cover Cradle goes for like $340 while the Covermate is $250. Also having a hard time finding the Cover Cradle, no local places carry, anyone know of good online merchant?

Yeah I noticed the Cover cradle was actually made by Watkins (Hot Spring). When we asked the dealer he said something about the lower profile ones subject to getting bent or messed up which is why he carries the covermate only, but we take care of our stuff so that isn't an issue to us. I am going to look again this weekend and see if the covermate bothers us, as we have to pick up something at the dealer anyway. We don't take delivery of tub for at least 3 more weeks.

This is what the profile of the covermate looks like

CoverLifter_CM1_1.othr.jpg

Maybe it isn't that bad? Will we notice much of a difference? I noticed the Cover Cradle goes for like $340 while the Covermate is $250. Also having a hard time finding the Cover Cradle, no local places carry, anyone know of good online merchant?

he said that because they are more expensive and cut into his bottom line if they have to throw it in to get a sale...do you really want that bar of the covermate running across the seam of your cover? what do you think is going to happen when the cover starts to become a little heavy and waterlogged, first thing to rip will be that seam, trust me I have seen almost every lift on the market and cover cradle is the best if you have the clearance