Ohh Error On Marquis Euphoria

Country

Hi. I went into my spa last night and there was an error code OHH. I pushed the temp button and it said 106 degrees, then it showed to 91 degrees (which was the actual water temp). I assumed since my daughter was in the tub with her friend, she set the temp too high and that turned it off. I just reset the temp to 102 and I noticed the heater came back on.

This morning I found OHH code with 110 degrees. I shut off the power to the spa.

What might be the problem? Thanks for any advice.

You have a sensor issue with the balboa pack, if you are not under warranty, shut off the power, and open the grey panel by backing out the two screws at the top, this will expose your heater, which looks like this;

58083.jpg

Shut off the two gate valves that are in the PVC piping after the heater and before the pump.

Loosen the white collar on one side of the heater until water runs out.

remove the two sensors by depressing the tab at the top of the plug where it connects to the curcuit board, and undo the black jam nuts.

The sensors can then be extracted by pulling them up and out. (Don't lose the little o-ring)

The parts are very universal, you can get them at many different spa shops, pay attention to the diemeter of the sensor, and the type of plug.

Hello Guru, and thank you very much. I have more news about this problem.

I opened up the spa inspection cover then turned the power back on. After a minute or two the grey box, perhaps this is the "balboa", started buzzing. It was a buzz sound as if to suggest that it wanted to turn something on but that thing did not turn on. Kind of like if you plug in a fan, and the fan doesn't work but there is still electricity running to it. It buzzed for a few minutes. I also started to smell a bit of electrical burning, quite worrisome, then the buzzing stopped. The ozonator came on and something started to function/circulate but it was not the main pumps. After just a few seconds that stopped. My panel code had two letters, if I remember correctly they were dr. I cut power to the spa at that point.

It would seem that this problem might not be the sensors. What else could it be? Any other suggestions? Thanks for any and all advice.

When the system starts, you will see "Pr" which stands for "Prime", at this point, tap your jets button and prime your pump, after about 5 min, the heater will come on if there are no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

When the system starts, you will see "Pr" which stands for "Prime", at this point, tap your jets button and prime your pump, after about 5 min, the heater will come on if there are no problems.

Hello again. Thanks for your continued advice. I had a spa tech come look at this Marquis Euphoria. What he said is that the pump will not turn on. He can get it to turn on by moving it forward a bit with a screwdriver. This is the pump that does most of the work. It is located on the right side, as you are looking at the spa. It is directly underneath the Balboa control.

He looked into this issue and discovered that this pump is a Vico, and Marquis no longer uses this pump. He is quoting me a rate of $120 for service call, another $80 to install a new pump, and I have not found out how much it costs to buy a new Vico pump.

Does this sound consistent with your understanding of the Marquis Euphoria that uses a Vico pump? I think mine is made in 2004 or 2005. What is your estimate of cost for a new Vico pump? Is there a different pump you recommend?

This spa was brand new less than two years ago. I am pretty disappointed in the pump. I use pumps for agriculture and drainage on my farm, and a good pump will last at least 10 years.

Thanks for any further advice.

Hello again. Thanks for your continued advice. I had a spa tech come look at this Marquis Euphoria. What he said is that the pump will not turn on. He can get it to turn on by moving it forward a bit with a screwdriver. This is the pump that does most of the work. It is located on the right side, as you are looking at the spa. It is directly underneath the Balboa control.

He looked into this issue and discovered that this pump is a Vico, and Marquis no longer uses this pump. He is quoting me a rate of $120 for service call, another $80 to install a new pump, and I have not found out how much it costs to buy a new Vico pump.

Does this sound consistent with your understanding of the Marquis Euphoria that uses a Vico pump? I think mine is made in 2004 or 2005. What is your estimate of cost for a new Vico pump? Is there a different pump you recommend?

This spa was brand new less than two years ago. I am pretty disappointed in the pump. I use pumps for agriculture and drainage on my farm, and a good pump will last at least 10 years.

Thanks for any further advice.

I just had the same OHH error on my 2003 Coleman/Maax Spa, it is a flow related issue, the low speed pump does not turn on which causes an overheat in the heater because no water is flowing which causes the system to shut down. I removed the pump and took it to an electric motor shop and had it rebuilt for $150.00, reinstalled it and it works like new.

I just had the same OHH error on my 2003 Coleman/Maax Spa, it is a flow related issue, the low speed pump does not turn on which causes an overheat in the heater because no water is flowing which causes the system to shut down. I removed the pump and took it to an electric motor shop and had it rebuilt for $150.00, reinstalled it and it works like new.

Thanks for your suggestion. I have the same idea, and mentioned it to the spa technician. I asked why he doesn't have the existing pump rebuilt. It doesn't seem that difficult to me. I may try your advice. I think I can get that pump out of there myself.