Suggest A Thermometer

Razorhog

What kind of floating thermometer should I buy? Old school mercury, digital, wireless? Should I not even bother and just trust the display on my J-280? (hasn't been delivered yet)

Any good wireless thermometers? I'd love to be able to see the spa temp from inside - for piece of mind during the winter.

I carry a stainless cooking thermometer in my toolbox, but it sounds like you want something more sophisticated.

I can always trust my thermometer to work without batteries or microchips.

I wanted the wireless capability so I could know that the heater was still functioning properly and not have to worry about pipes busting in cold weather. I'm not really sure what I would do in such a case, but it would be nice to know and try to save the tub. :)

people would be shocked at how important little things like these are...as a Hot Spring dealer people comment all the time about the "ready to go" light on the outside of the spa and how useful that little sucker is esp. when its -20 outside :D if your spa does not have one a wireless one would be super handy imo

IMG_2072.jpg

You can't read it in the photo, and I didn't bother to check it at the store. I just bought the "Pool Thermometer" and brought it home.

It goes down to 20 Below Zero Fahrenheit! Yes, a pool thermometer that will register 52 degrees below freezing!

Must be a name for this kind of product. Caveat emptor?

I've been looking too.

So far what I have found is the ones that have a floating transmitter eventually leak and don't last as long as the ones with a a wired probe that connects to the transmitter. This one from La Crosse has a 10 ft cord.

5138846826_456eefa37f.jpg

I've been looking too.

So far what I have found is the ones that have a floating transmitter eventually leak and don't last as long as the ones with a a wired probe that connects to the transmitter. This one from La Crosse has a 10 ft cord.

I've seen that one too. The issue with it is that the remote sensor station is not waterproof, so you'll have to protect it somehow.

I've been looking too.

I've seen that one too. The issue with it is that the remote sensor station is not waterproof, so you'll have to protect it somehow.

We don't have that specific model but we have one mounted outside it's good in the rain 3 years now no problems. All their weather station stuff is weather resistant for outside - no problem in the rain but can not be submerged.