Hi Guys, Im New Here... I Need Some Advice Please?

Proton

Hi there Guys

Im brand new to the forum, I started doing some research on how to go about fixing my old marbelite swimming pool and honestly, IM LOST! I dont know what to do.. as firstly I am not financially capable of re-doing the Marbelite in the pool, as that would cost me something like R10 000 (about $1500).

then I have the option of Epoxy pain(this is the alternative I have been given) which also comes in a DIY kit... Much more affordable.. The thing is, I just bought the house.. Its DAMM old and I have spent the last 6 Months and all my savings and extra money to fix up the place..(STILL BUSY) and I honestly can afford to spend so much money on the pool at this moment.. and I am just afraid that if I leave it for a Year or so that I would the have to spend allot more to fix it.

about the pool, when i bought the house the pool was quarter full with filthy water! It looked like the pool was left like that for years.. so I got a few guys to drain it, and clean it out.. I patched the obvious places where the pool seemed to have small cracks and looked like could have small holes and so on using "Pratley Putty" (recommended to me by pool maintenance place.. and filled it with water.. but the water kept dropping so it was obvious the pool was leaking so now its almost empty again... and I had a closer look at the actual walls and so.. the pool is very rough and warn... Can you guys please give me your honest opinion on "Pool Epoxy paint" and if its good or no good.. and any advice would be greatly appreciated..

If needed I can take some pics and post them, but im starting on course from tomorrow so it wont be for a while though..

Here are some links of "pool epoxy" guys which I have looked at..

http://www.poolsolutions.co.za/#download

http://www.waterways.co.za/index.html

thanks in advance guys

http://www.line-a-pool.com/

Please let me know what you think.

Hennie

Forget about the complicated epoxy paint. A lot of extra work and it won't last much longer then the easier to use

Acrylic paints which are water cleanup.

The paint (any type) is only a temporary fix but it will provide a few years service life before it needs to be repainted.

Or better yet, re-surfaced.

Good Luck!