Limelight Flair Vs. Jacuzzi 335 Vs Maax 471 Vs Emerald Spa E550

justindk

Hey spa enthusiasts!

I am a new time purchaser of a spa and have been looking and researching tirelessly for a 7' spa with a lounger. Want great durability and solid performance. The spa will be outside in Chicago on top of a condo, therefore I really don't want to have to move the spa once its set in place. I have looked on this forum and others and have found the following spas to be top notch, however some are way more expensive than others.

limelight flair (hot springs)

Jacuzzi 335

Maax 471 (coleman)

Emerald Spa E550

Dimension one (aurora)

I currently have a deposit on the LIMELIGHT FLAIR (hot springs) which is a never used "floor model" that I have on hold for under $5300 (with delivery/chemicals/cover). Before I commit (as most of the other spas will cost me close to, or over, 7k) i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the other spas. I also was able to increase the 3yr to 5yr warranty on the tub for an additional $300.

I appreciate any/all comments- anyone with experience with the flair or other models.

thanks in advance!

If I am not mistaken the Limelight is the range just below the 'Hotsprings' branded range itself. I don't know exactly what differences there are between them but on looks I prefer the layout of the Flair. If you are getting a 5yr warranty and install etc for the price you are stating then it's a no brainer to me.

P.S.

Is the Limelight a full foam hot tub, if not and it's only an opinion does the demo model have it as it's the only thing that will save you money in the long term.

Hey spa enthusiasts!

I am a new time purchaser of a spa and have been looking and researching tirelessly for a 7' spa with a lounger. Want great durability and solid performance. The spa will be outside in Chicago on top of a condo, therefore I really don't want to have to move the spa once its set in place. I have looked on this forum and others and have found the following spas to be top notch, however some are way more expensive than others.

Jacuzzi 335

Maax 471 (coleman)

Emerald Spa E550

Dimension one (aurora)

I currently have a deposit on the LIMELIGHT FLAIR (hot springs) which is a never used "floor model" that I have on hold for under $5300 (with delivery/chemicals/cover). Before I commit (as most of the other spas will cost me close to, or over, 7k) i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the other spas. I also was able to increase the 3yr to 5yr warranty on the tub for an additional $300.

I appreciate any/all comments- anyone with experience with the flair or other models.

thanks in advance!

watch out for this "footie" guy he seems to be a bit of a-know-it-all type of guy he will put his 2bits worth in on anything yet knows little . go with the JACUZZI spa out of all you have listed the 335 is about the best . good luck and happy tubbin'

Thanks for your comments. I have heard a lot of negative (unsolicited) things about Jacuzzi in general (ie you are just paying for a name)- however that is why i am on this forum- to hear feedback. As to the warranty-- yes, when i mentioned that the factory 3yr warranty wasn't "apples to apples" like the other spas listed, the store mentioned it would extend the warranty for a total of 5yrs for an additional $299. Also, yes all of the tubs listed, with the exception of the Maax spa is Fully foamed (they tried to convince me that their "thermolock" was better)- however after some research i also learned that the manufacturer is based in SoCal so not sure that would fly with the Chicago winter.

One constant i have found, and is why I am leaning towards the great Limelight deal, is that Hot Springs (Watkins) makes a fantastic product.

If I am not mistaken the Limelight is the range just below the 'Hotsprings' branded range itself. I don't know exactly what differences there are between them but on looks I prefer the layout of the Flair. If you are getting a 5yr warranty and install etc for the price you are stating then it's a no brainer to me.

P.S.

Is the Limelight a full foam hot tub, if not and it's only an opinion does the demo model have it as it's the only thing that will save you money in the long term.

lots of differences between the limelight tubs and the hot spring tubs, without going into much drawn out detail: less warranty, different led lighting, filtration is not "no-bypass" like on hot spring models, plenty of jets but not as much variety as the hot spring (no moto, soothing seven, etc.) don't get me wrong these are nice tubs that are direct competition to most "mid range" models from other competitors...also the limelights do have a 24hr circ pump and the newest models coming from the factory do have the option to add a salt system which may not be the case for OP since his tub might have been on the floor for awhile

oh and to answer OP's question I go with the limelight in your situation...full disclosure--I do sell Hot Spring Spas but i'm not playing "fanboy" here, trust me I like models offered by Dimension 1, but I cannot justify spending an extra $1,700+ to get a tub with very minimal/if any "upgrades" from the limelight esp. if they are offering extended warranty for a minimal charge (no brainer here as long as you get it in writing and it covers what the manufacturer normally would)...good luck

lots of differences between the limelight tubs and the hot spring tubs, without going into much drawn out detail: less warranty, different led lighting, filtration is not "no-bypass" like on hot spring models, plenty of jets but not as much variety as the hot spring (no moto, soothing seven, etc.) don't get me wrong these are nice tubs that are direct competition to most "mid range" models from other competitors...also the limelights do have a 24hr circ pump and the newest models coming from the factory do have the option to add a salt system which may not be the case for OP since his tub might have been on the floor for awhile

oh and to answer OP's question I go with the limelight in your situation...full disclosure--I do sell Hot Spring Spas but i'm not playing "fanboy" here, trust me I like models offered by Dimension 1, but I cannot justify spending an extra $1,700+ to get a tub with very minimal/if any "upgrades" from the limelight esp. if they are offering extended warranty for a minimal charge (no brainer here as long as you get it in writing and it covers what the manufacturer normally would)...good luck

Thanks for explaining some of the differences, no doubt the OP will also appreicate your explanation, $1700+ is indeed a lot of money to justify. Like you I think if the dealer is a good one then it indeed is a no-brainer.

Thanks for your comments. I have heard a lot of negative (unsolicited) things about Jacuzzi in general (ie you are just paying for a name)- however that is why i am on this forum- to hear feedback. As to the warranty-- yes, when i mentioned that the factory 3yr warranty wasn't "apples to apples" like the other spas listed, the store mentioned it would extend the warranty for a total of 5yrs for an additional $299. Also, yes all of the tubs listed, with the exception of the Maax spa is Fully foamed (they tried to convince me that their "thermolock" was better)- however after some research i also learned that the manufacturer is based in SoCal so not sure that would fly with the Chicago winter.

One constant i have found, and is why I am leaning towards the great Limelight deal, is that Hot Springs (Watkins) makes a fantastic product.

I don't think too many here would suggest Jacuzzi as a product that is anything other than excellent, but whether their 335 is better than HS Limelight model is something I will leave other to debate on, but looking at the Jacuzzi range the 335 is a mid range product much like the Limelight. One thing for sure though, a 5yr warranty will definitely give you added peace of mind and if you are still considering one of the other than why not try and get them to sweeten the deal by offering an extra 2yr in free.

Flair-Pearl.jpg

Nice jet grouping on the Limelight.

J-335cd_t400.jpg

But on the question of the Jacuzzi 335, why so many leg jets on the louner and some seats with no jets at all?

Jacuzzi 335

Maax 471 (coleman)

Emerald Spa E550

Dimension one (aurora)

thanks in advance!

I can't say I know what that dealer would sell the spa for if it wasn't a floor model but it certainly seems you're getting a good price. What it comes down to is you need to look at what you're getting for $5300 and then look at what the other spas have to offer for $7000 and then ask yourself if they're worth the extra $1700 because if not then I'd stick that in my pocket as the Limelight at that price seems like a good deal. Your dealer seems like he is pricing his floor model to move it which is not always the case (some dealers discount floor models very little figuring they're really not much different that a new wrapped one, others take a more aggressive approach). As was suggested, get that extended warranty wording in writing.

I don't think too many here would suggest Jacuzzi as a product that is anything other than excellent, but whether their 335 is better than HS Limelight model is something I will leave other to debate on, but looking at the Jacuzzi range the 335 is a mid range product much like the Limelight. One thing for sure though, a 5yr warranty will definitely give you added peace of mind and if you are still considering one of the other than why not try and get them to sweeten the deal by offering an extra 2yr in free.

Flair-Pearl.jpg

Nice jet grouping on the Limelight.

J-335cd_t400.jpg

But on the question of the Jacuzzi 335, why so many leg jets on the louner and some seats with no jets at all?

Wow-

you guys are awesome.. thanks for the reassurance (piece of mind)on the limelight. I am nearly 100% positive i am sticking with the Limelight- I will of course get the added 2yr warranty (P&L) in writing prior to moving forward. As you all mentioned I can't justify spending $1700 additional (at least) for a few additional jet options and and filter upgrade- as long as the quality is there (ie HS manufacturer). I was wondering do you think the 65sqft filter will be sufficient? Also being a novice (first time buyer) I figure, I really won't appreciate much of a difference from those upgrades anyhow.

Sounds like a good deal, enjoy that tub! Now that you've settled on a tub, you can read about water chemistry and how to take care of it. I'm a first time buyer too, and anxiously waiting delivery of my tub.

Have you read Nitro's guide to water maintenance yet?

NO.. i guess that is in my future?? I am hoping to not have to "fuss" with the tub much. However, I owned a pool when i lived in Houston and definitely knew the the upkeep responsibilities.

Sounds like a good deal, enjoy that tub! Now that you've settled on a tub, you can read about water chemistry and how to take care of it. I'm a first time buyer too, and anxiously waiting delivery of my tub.

Have you read Nitro's guide to water maintenance yet?

NO.. i guess that is in my future?? I am hoping to not have to "fuss" with the tub much. However, I owned a pool when i lived in Houston and definitely knew the the upkeep responsibilities.

Here is the Dichlor/Bleach method in a nutshell: http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23090

Here is the full guide: http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13634

OP inspired me to test soak our "wet" flair last night and I must say I was pretty impressed, I love the jet selection on the hot spring models but the flair had nice pressure and I loved the action on the rotating jets, normally I am an open seat kind of guy ie the limelight pulse but I actually liked the lounger on the Flair I think because of the "extreme angle" of the lounger I felt like I sat up a little more than other loungers where it feels like I am "slipping down" the seat. Normally I'm not much of a bells and whistles kind of guy but after getting to soak in one in the dark I can say the lighting is awesome, which is funny because I actually had a customer purchase a Flair for only 2 reasons 1. it fit in the spot where his old tub was 2. the lighting, kind of funny how people decide to spend thousands of dollars :lol: anyways I think you made a great choice OP and rest assured, floor model or not you are getting a absolute great price, your dealer must do excellent volume....happy hottubbing :D

Waterbear is a great guy to talk with regarding water chemicals and methods to maintain the water.

P.S.

Don't worry about your choice, Hot Springs is a great brand of which Limelight is one of them and the only thing any of the others will truly offer is something slight different.

You have a number of Marquis dealers in your area, check out the Reward.

Marquis%20Reward%20Spa.jpg

Looks like a nice spa, however I am sure it is in the 7k+ range and is it much better value/reliability than a HS limelight model? Haven't heard too much about Marquis spas.

If you are looking for a "second string" spa, in a Marquis that would be the Everyday 545.

7 ft spa, w/lounge.

Should be around $5500 w/ LED light package, shop around.

545overhead.jpg

I guess (as a repairman, not a salesman) what I see in the field is a great degree of reliability, possibly due to it being an employee-owned factory.

OP inspired me to test soak our "wet" flair last night and I must say I was pretty impressed, I love the jet selection on the hot spring models but the flair had nice pressure and I loved the action on the rotating jets, normally I am an open seat kind of guy ie the limelight pulse but I actually liked the lounger on the Flair I think because of the "extreme angle" of the lounger I felt like I sat up a little more than other loungers where it feels like I am "slipping down" the seat. Normally I'm not much of a bells and whistles kind of guy but after getting to soak in one in the dark I can say the lighting is awesome, which is funny because I actually had a customer purchase a Flair for only 2 reasons 1. it fit in the spot where his old tub was 2. the lighting, kind of funny how people decide to spend thousands of dollars :lol: anyways I think you made a great choice OP and rest assured, floor model or not you are getting a absolute great price, your dealer must do excellent volume....happy hottubbing :D

Thanks again.. i am going to "wet test" the tub tomorrow- they filled it up for me and i am going to make sure "all systems are go". Of course to throw a wrench into the equation, someone mentioned a the CALDERA MARINO-- however after finding out that the frame is wood- i am thinking i may have some long term rotting issues.

Thanks again.. i am going to "wet test" the tub tomorrow- they filled it up for me and i am going to make sure "all systems are go". Of course to throw a wrench into the equation, someone mentioned a the CALDERA MARINO-- however after finding out that the frame is wood- i am thinking i may have some long term rotting issues.

Most if not all of the wood frames I have seen on hot tubs have outlasted the tub. 20 years or better!!