Temperature Settings

Robsonj

Our hot tub is currently on it's first heat cycle, the water started at 65f and I was planning to heat to 85f initially, but I was wondering what is are typical temperatures that people set to? I'd rather have it lower so I can soak longer than super hot and only be in for 10 minutes, but I'm not sure if 85f will be even hot enough initially?

Cheers

Jonathan

Our hot tub is currently on it's first heat cycle, the water started at 65f and I was planning to heat to 85f initially, but I was wondering what is are typical temperatures that people set to? I'd rather have it lower so I can soak longer than super hot and only be in for 10 minutes, but I'm not sure if 85f will be even hot enough initially?

Cheers

Jonathan

Jonathan,

The temperature setting is personal. Experiment and find what's right for you. For example, my wife likes the temperature around 99 degrees. I like it around 102 degrees...sometimes hotter. Most tubs have a maximum setting of around 104 - 105 degrees for safety reasons. I believe most people keep their tubs between 95 - 102 degrees. The higher the temperature setting, though, the less time most people will sit in the tub. I think many gyms that have a "therapy" whirl pool keep the temperature around 103 degrees. I think you may find 85 degrees a bit on the cool side (for hot-tubbing).

gman

Anything less than body temperature will feel cool. I set my temperature at 96F when the weather is going to be hot, it feels very refreshing. The rest of the time, it's 102F.

Dave

I keep mine at 101,which is perfect for I. The wifey likes it a little lower,she prefers it at 98-99. To feel warm/hot,it has to be hotter than your core body temp,which for most peeps is 98.6.

Our pool currently,with no heater,is 90-92 degrees. We live in Florida,and during the summer months,our pool almost feels like a bathtub. Alternating between the pool and the spa,when entering the pool after using the spa,the pool will feel refreshing/cool.

It's a personal preference as far as temp,but it being a "hot" tub,why not use it as such I.E. temp hotter than body temp lol.