120V Wiring For Portable Spa

Ginab

Hi Ginab.. to my basic understanding of electrical, the wire size is based on the Amps, or Draw that your tub will use.. if its designed for using "standard" household outlets, the minimum would be 12g for a 20 amp breaker, and i'm thinking it should be a dedicated circuit... but your tub may require more than 20 amps... the specs on the tub should tell you, or look and see what the GFI plug on your tub says

Technically, you can plug a gfi into a gfi, but you could have needless tripping of the breakers.. (i was told this from a electrician buddy of mine)

I could be wrong on these, and there are much better "brains" on this forum that may provide better advice :-)

Hey Ginab

Usually we use 14 gage wire on electrical for pools and spas. You will want to check the manual to see wiring diagrams. As far as safety and GFI into a GFI, You may want to consult a pool professional in your neighborhood. If you need any help finding someone you can go to reliable pool solutions . com and they have service techs on their web site.

Good Luck,

Rob

Hello !!! was wondering if anyone knows what size wiring I need to run for a 120v hot tub.Also is it ok to plug a GFI into a GFI ? Our hot tub will be outside,and I am just making sure this is ok to do.... Thanks in advance !!!