Arctic Cub Designer Spa Vs. Caldera Hawaiian?

Sydney

In your opinion, I believe the Arctic is a superior product to the Caldera. Caldera has been in my store many a time trying to get me to switch.

Frankly industry experts (unless they have a vested interest) would tend to disagree I think... Arctic is a mareketing gimick spa, the component list is mid grade, the marketing and slaes training is top of the pile...

I dont blame you for not switching, Arctic is a profitable business model, why change somthing that is profitable... and all said and done it is not a bad spa by any standard, just outrageously priced based on outrageous claims and marketing spin...

Just my opinion, but an opinion based on a lifetime of doing this, and in the case of SpaTechsince1979 a life time of doing this....

And you base your opinion on... being an Arctic dealer i suspose :blink:

Well SpaGod, your not the only self proclaimed expert on this board. I have been in this business just as long as the next guy. And not counting growing up in the family business as well, so I think my opinion counts for something. Arctic is far from gimmicky, the product they are putting out on the market is as good as any brand out there. You wouldnt know because you dont delivery and warranty the Arctics. Im sure you will tell me all about how you have worked on Arctics and they are nowhere near as good as the other brands but thats just your opinion. I am voicing mine. Sure selling Arctics can be profitable if you operate your business properly. One of the biggest reasons it is though, is because of the constant training on sales and SERVICE that they provide to us. Its next to none. And yes I have dealt with other manufacturers of spas in the past.

If the components that you call "midgrade" were such I wonder why I am not out replacing these "midgrade" components everyday? Personally I enjoy dealing with a manufacturer that isnt afraid to better itself and search constantly for components that perform at a higher level for a longer period of time. (Motors, Heaters, Jets, Covers)

Keep fighting the good fight Stu!

Stu??? dude you are on Mars an that one too... I am 100% not Stu nor do I even know a stu for that matter, so guess again...

A for being an expert I usually find dealers of the big marketing brands are experts on how to sell and service that particular brand, it has less to do with the real world and more to do with learning the pitch that supports the marketing, but to each his own... And if you have been around as long as you say then you know the history prior to "Arctic" and the real reason they cant use Balboa and had to go to Gecko a truly second rate control system...

Stu??? dude you are on Mars an that one too... I am 100% not Stu nor do I even know a stu for that matter, so guess again...

A for being an expert I usually find dealers of the big marketing brands are experts on how to sell and service that particular brand, it has less to do with the real world and more to do with learning the pitch that supports the marketing, but to each his own... And if you have been around as long as you say then you know the history prior to "Arctic" and the real reason they cant use Balboa and had to go to Gecko a truly second rate control system...

if Gecko is second rate then Balboa is made of gold because I Have had great luck with them. Also, Im surprised that an expert like yourself was totally wrong about the alleged chinese motors that arctic uses.(not Chinese) James pretty much put you in your spot on that one bro.

Also I would consider owning my own business a real world situation :huh:

totally right on the motor mate, my mistake...

as i pull the arctic spa hand out from the recycle bin i read that they use Italian-designed and manufactured White water motors the wet end i have never seen before so mo comment on that part. the arctics that i have seen are using gecko "m" class spa paks.yet one has to ask why put the pipes outside of the fittings? with heat, pressure,aggresive water,and time don't they leak or have the possibility to in the future?

as i pull the arctic spa hand out from the recycle bin i read that they use Italian-designed and manufactured White water motors the wet end i have never seen before so mo comment on that part. the arctics that i have seen are using gecko "m" class spa paks.yet one has to ask why put the pipes outside of the fittings? with heat, pressure,aggresive water,and time don't they leak or have the possibility to in the future?

as i look more into this i find that the wetend looks like a ULTRA JET wetend and it reads like it now comes from balboa(in my parts book anyway)max impeller is 2Hp

a simple explanation would be that it works! And works well!

Also its a 4hp wetend