Sundance 2004 Altamar

phturtle

I have a 2004 Sundance Altamar and the blower was not working. I replaced the blower--it was bad after inspection, parts were broken off. When I press the blower switch there is a click in the circuit board but no power to the blower. I checked voltage coming out of the board and there is no power. Is there a fuse for this that could be burnt? I am afraid that the circuit board is bad--everything else works perfectly with only the blower not working. Also, if it is the circuit board is bad is there anyway around replacing the whole board?

Was the first blower still working when it was replaced? Did this problem start only after the new blower was installed? How did you check the power from the board, with the leads in the recepticle or on the relay or at the blower? Is the blower plug in the right recepticle? Have you tried the blower on direct power to see if it works? If you hear a click when the button is pushed then my guess is that the relay is working properly, so based on that assumption the power is getting lost between the relay and the blower. With the power off from the circuit breaker, look at the board very closely and identify all fuses, and check each one with a continuity tester (beeps when an electrical circuit is closed). Change any fuse that does not show continuity.

Was the first blower still working when it was replaced? Did this problem start only after the new blower was installed? How did you check the power from the board, with the leads in the recepticle or on the relay or at the blower? Is the blower plug in the right recepticle? Have you tried the blower on direct power to see if it works? If you hear a click when the button is pushed then my guess is that the relay is working properly, so based on that assumption the power is getting lost between the relay and the blower. With the power off from the circuit breaker, look at the board very closely and identify all fuses, and check each one with a continuity tester (beeps when an electrical circuit is closed). Change any fuse that does not show continuity.

It did the same thing with the old blower but I know it was bad as there were parts broken off. I checked the power at the leads in the receptacle. It is wired to the correct spot according to the wiring diagram. It is a 240 blower and I have not checked it with direct as I am not quite sure where to hook it up, but I could go to the direct lead into the tub?? I will get a continuity tester and check the fuses. I replace two of them as they are ceramic and that did not change anything. There are two other small ones that are see thru and they look good but I know that can be miss leading.

I would not suggest direct power on the blower at 240v, that is dangerous. If possible, trace the path from the blower back to the relay and try to locate a potential weak spot, ie a bad connection, a burnt wire ect. Test the voltage on the relay also, with the switch on and off. Be careful. I am leaning toward a bad relay.

I have a 2004 Sundance Altamar and the blower was not working. I replaced the blower--it was bad after inspection, parts were broken off. When I press the blower switch there is a click in the circuit board but no power to the blower. I checked voltage coming out of the board and there is no power. Is there a fuse for this that could be burnt? I am afraid that the circuit board is bad--everything else works perfectly with only the blower not working. Also, if it is the circuit board is bad is there anyway around replacing the whole board?

There is a fuse to protect the blower, use a continuity tester with the fuses removed from the board (power off when pulling/reinstalling) to confirm if they are burnt, it would be one of the ceramic fuses not the small glass fuses. If the fuses are good and you checked for 240v at the location where the blower wires connect to the board, and still have no voltage, that relay has failed (sometimes they will still make the click sound). While this is not a very common blower failure, I have seen it a few times.

About half of the cases where that blower relay has failed my customers have just chosen to live without it (even after telling them those old blower lines could fill up with stagnant water), otherwise you are looking at a new board.

Replacing that relay is possible, but takes someone with very good desoldering skills, and would be hard to guarantee the work (that's why we don't attempt that repair) and kinda easy to damage other important components on the board.

Overall I would really suspect a fuse, you said the blower motor you removed was visually bad, it's pretty common when a blower commits suicide it takes a fuse along with it.

Hope this helps