D1 Sarena Bay

I was looking at Sundance Maxxus vs. Arctic Klondiker (the last one because of its two loungers - one for taller and another for shorter person). The Arctic dealer is too slow to call back and I don't really feel confident. Before I was also considering the Sarena Bay but eliminated the tub for its higher price. Now I think about this tub again. I'd appreciate any input reqarding this spa.

Thanks

The Sarena Bay is a great spa, it the Flagship of the Bay Collection. The Sarena has dual digital massage sequencers for him/her 3 pump and the awsome Ultrapure Plus Water Management System. The spa is a huge and depending on what you are looking for, you may be able to meet the needs with our Amore or Lotus Bay.

Thank you for considering D1 Spas..!

D1 Dennis

I was looking at Sundance Maxxus vs. Arctic Klondiker (the last one because of its two loungers - one for taller and another for shorter person). The Arctic dealer is too slow to call back and I don't really feel confident. Before I was also considering the Sarena Bay but eliminated the tub for its higher price. Now I think about this tub again. I'd appreciate any input reqarding this spa.

Thanks

Personally I think the Reflection series is where you get your best value from D1. The Bay series price tags and designs are a bit much for me but for those who can afford a spa like the Serena I do think D1 makes a good spa and if you're looking at the Maxxus you might as well check out the Serena for comparison.

The Sarena Bay is a great spa, it the Flagship of the Bay Collection. The Sarena has dual digital massage sequencers for him/her 3 pump and the awsome Ultrapure Plus Water Management System. The spa is a huge and depending on what you are looking for, you may be able to meet the needs with our Amore or Lotus Bay.

D1 Dennis

Thanks, Dennis! I will contact my local dealer.

Thanks

Personally I think the Reflection series is where you get your best value from D1. The Bay series price tags and designs are a bit much for me but for those who can afford a spa like the Serena I do think D1 makes a good spa and if you're looking at the Maxxus you might as well check out the Serena for comparison.

I still need to get that quote to see if I can afford it. :rolleyes:

D1 Dennis

Just spoke with a dealer. They don't have any Bay spas in stock. They expect to get Amore in three weeks but no Sarena. The spa guy told me the Amore would be a better spa. I am thinking: price is just 1K higher for Sarena. Is Amore really a better buy or it's just they don't have the Sarena in stock? :wacko: Is Sarena much more expensive to operate?

D1 Dennis

Just spoke with a dealer. They don't have any Bay spas in stock. They expect to get Amore in three weeks but no Sarena. The spa guy told me the Amore would be a better spa. I am thinking: price is just 1K higher for Sarena. Is Amore really a better buy or it's just they don't have the Sarena in stock? :wacko: Is Sarena much more expensive to operate?

I would be checking out the Amore Bay, it has everything the Sarena Bay has and it has a better layout IMO and the Sarena is a huge spa. Either way you can't go wrong with D1 Spas..!

D1 Dennis

I would be checking out the Amore Bay, it has everything the Sarena Bay has and it has a better layout IMO and the Sarena is a huge spa. Either way you can't go wrong with D1 Spas..!

I like the Amore Bay shape better but I don't see the max therapy seating in this spa. Maybe I am wrong. I will certainly check this spa.

• 2 weeks later...

We chosed Sarena Bay 2008 for several reasons. B):PB):PB)

1. It has two exactly the same seats (no figth for the best seat, means more bath) with a little bit "lying down" positions which we like and six massage programs.

2. SPA markets absolutely best water cleaning system (VERY important at these temps, think of your girl friend/wife, daughter/s and her friends).

3. NeckFlex Jet Pillow. How many couples are of same length? My wife is 22cm shorter than me.

4. Good space for good friends.

5. iWatch give us a warning as soon something is incorrect with the SPA.

6. All jets can be individually adjusted.

7. Very quiet, we have placed it on our balcony/terrace and no neighbour have complained so far.

Cost: If used normally, our power cost is approx $1,5/day! Last winter we had down to -19C several days!

That gives us a monthly power cost of approx $30-50, which is fully acceptable at our latitude at 60 degrees north.

Above that comes the cost for water swap, normal maintenance and chemicals.

PS. We did a wet test in a Sarena and another brand of same size. No doubt, Sarena won that test. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

I'd choose the sundance first...

D1 second...

Arctic 3rd...

Wet test them and you'll see why...

Ive sat in two of the three and I would be surprised to see a Arctic in third. The jets and seats are very comfortable. Most people that wet test the Arctic have been very impressed with the therapuetic value of the jets and comfort of the seats.

• 2 months later...

OK. Almost 3 month later and still no spa. My local dealer is still waiting for those Bay spas. I found another dealer not so far (1 h 30 mins). He doesn't have any spas from the Bay collection filled with water for wet testing but he has them in stock. He offered several Reflections spas to wet test and is willing to fill any one of Bay spas with water or we can test them dry. I am not sure wich one I want to test and I don't want to put the dealer into a lot of trouble. I would appreciate any advice.

If you are willing to buy a spa from the dealer 1h 30 min away, which is not unreasonable, then do not hesitate to work with him to find the right spa for you. Maybe it will take two separate trips but you could go wet test the Reflection series and see / dry test the Bay series and get pricing. You may find that one of the reflection series spas wold be a great choice and you're done except for working out price. Alternatively, you may see a bay series spa that looks like the one for you, if it fits and feels comfortable, so arrange to return and wet test it. Just don't go wet test at the more distant dealer then buy from the local guy.

If you are willing to buy a spa from the dealer 1h 30 min away, which is not unreasonable, then do not hesitate to work with him to find the right spa for you. Maybe it will take two separate trips but you could go wet test the Reflection series and see / dry test the Bay series and get pricing. You may find that one of the reflection series spas wold be a great choice and you're done except for working out price. Alternatively, you may see a bay series spa that looks like the one for you, if it fits and feels comfortable, so arrange to return and wet test it. Just don't go wet test at the more distant dealer then buy from the local guy.

Thanks for your comment. It looks for me I'll need those two trips to pick the right spa. And if I go to wet test somewhere I'd buy it at the same place unless I really don't like (don't trust) this dealer or don't like pricing.

OK. Almost 3 month later and still no spa. My local dealer is still waiting for those Bay spas. I found another dealer not so far (1 h 30 mins). He doesn't have any spas from the Bay collection filled with water for wet testing but he has them in stock. He offered several Reflections spas to wet test and is willing to fill any one of Bay spas with water or we can test them dry. I am not sure wich one I want to test and I don't want to put the dealer into a lot of trouble. I would appreciate any advice.

90 minutes is not far to go to buy a spa but it is pretty far for the dealer to go and service you later on. Get from the dealer IN WRITING what the cost would be for any warranty work (yes he probably will charge a trip fee, especially at that distance). Once you have that info go ahead and wet test.

90 minutes is not far to go to buy a spa but it is pretty far for the dealer to go and service you later on. Get from the dealer IN WRITING what the cost would be for any warranty work (yes he probably will charge a trip fee, especially at that distance). Once you have that info go ahead and wet test.

Thanks! I know they will come to service a spa but I didn't ask about those charges.

• 2 weeks later...

On your local dealer taking 3 months to get seems long when i order any series , the @ Home, Reflections, Bay Series, which i stock all series i have them in about 3 weeks , so for 3 months he was waiting to have more spas to ad to the order so freight does not kill him or waiting for? That would not be on D1 that would be on the dealer