Intelliflo And Finding A Service Provider

I am thinking about getting a new pump (22k gal inground plaster). I have an 8 year old Whisperflo and it is starting to make some noise. I would like a quiet one and some have said the efficiency of a new one over the 8 year old Whisperflo (1hp) could pay for itself in 2 years. Several have recommended the Intelliflo. However, they state:

"So I recommend that you work with a local, well informed, service professional to get you the appropriate pump and controller configuration as well as properly set up the pump so that you are not flowing too much water (unsafe and inefficient)."

My questions are:

What do you think of the Intelliflo to replace the Whisperflow?

How do you find a good service company? I have not been impressed with the pool builder I used or the couple of pool service companies I have worked with. I live in Annapolis Maryland.

Thanks as always!

Im not familar with the Annapolis area so I dont know anybody to recommend, but I would ask around and if you find a company see if you can find out any background information on them such as any complaints they have. I would defenitly go with the Intelliflo rather than the Whisperflo. It allows programming for 4 different speeds for different pool, spa or water features applications, and could also lower your utility bills 30% to 90%. Theres a lot more information about it on our website 1800pools.com. Heres a link to the Intelliflo.

http://www.1800pools.com/011013_IntelliFlo_Pool_Pump_VS_3050_Variable_Speed_.html

I don't know if you found out while shopping for your Intelliflow, but you can purchase the 4 X 160 pump in a Whisperflow configuration, as well as the maxi-pro (sta-rite). Makes upgrading a snap if you have one of those style pumps to begin with.

Also, you don't need a controller to use this pump. The controller just gives you the ability to change speeds without having to go to the pump and push a button on it, thats all.

I had a service tech come out. He said the Whisperflow pump shafts normal wear includes some slight warping that is why the extra noise. He said it is pumping fine and as long as it is pumping, not leaking, and I can stand the extra nosie, he would just let it go...and so I did.