Light Yellow Spa Water

arrow

As the title says I am having a light yellow appear in my hot tub. It opticaly looks just bellow about a foot of water, it is very light yellow in what otherwise appears perfectly clear water. We are using the baqua spa system for that it is worth. all the levels appear to be dead on with about 30 to 40 day old water. I do have a strange issue my PH likes to creep up for little to no reason from time to time i am not sure if this is related to it or not. I have about had it i am pulling my hear out i can not figure out what could be causing this strange chemical reaction, there is no odor emanating from the water ither.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

• 2 months later...
As the title says I am having a light yellow appear in my hot tub. It opticaly looks just bellow about a foot of water, it is very light yellow in what otherwise appears perfectly clear water. We are using the baqua spa system for that it is worth. all the levels appear to be dead on with about 30 to 40 day old water. I do have a strange issue my PH likes to creep up for little to no reason from time to time i am not sure if this is related to it or not. I have about had it i am pulling my hear out i can not figure out what could be causing this strange chemical reaction, there is no odor emanating from the water ither.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

It is posible that iron in your water has reacted with the peroxide shock and caused the yellow coloration to the water. Have your water tested for metals. Iron is very commen in many areas, especially when well water is used.

pH rise in a spa is a normal occurance. It is caused by the constant aeration of the water by the jets and bubblers causing the carbon dioxide in the water (part of the carbonate/bicarbonate/carbonic acid buffer system we call Total Alkalinity) to gas off into the air. You probably are also finding that your TA is slowly lowering also.