Bought A 2000 Hotspring Jetsetter

Hi Guys,

Long time pool service guy, here. Just bought a 2000 Jetsetter and have a few questions. Took a while to get the circ pump primed and only confirmed by htr light on main board and very little warm water drifting up from the bottom inlet. Can't even see water flowing through the clear hoses. Normal?

Also, the freshwater II Ozone is not working. Fuse was bad, changed, can't smell anything.

I tried to clear the venturi T at the ozone connection and with the circ pump running, water drips out of the T even after trying to clear with a paper clip. The nylon tubing to the ozonzator was full of water, too. ( bad check valve)

So, I'm mainly wondering if I'm getting proper flow from the circ pump based on the above, and suggestions for the ozone? Buy a Dell Eclipse, etc?

thx guys!

bob

aqua-tech pool & spa sj, ca.

Hi Guys,

Long time pool service guy, here. Just bought a 2000 Jetsetter and have a few questions. Took a while to get the circ pump primed and only confirmed by htr light on main board and very little warm water drifting up from the bottom inlet. Can't even see water flowing through the clear hoses. Normal?

Also, the freshwater II Ozone is not working. Fuse was bad, changed, can't smell anything.

I tried to clear the venturi T at the ozone connection and with the circ pump running, water drips out of the T even after trying to clear with a paper clip. The nylon tubing to the ozonzator was full of water, too. ( bad check valve)

So, I'm mainly wondering if I'm getting proper flow from the circ pump based on the above, and suggestions for the ozone? Buy a Dell Eclipse, etc?

thx guys!

bob

Pull your filter out and see if the flow increases.

Check the fuse again on the Ozone unit - every used one I run into keeps blowing fuses - at that point it is toast.

JED makes a nice and reasonably priced ozone.

Are you getting a stream of bubbles from the bottom drain? If not then you will not smell the ozone.

Keep in mind if your hooked up 110V it will only heat 2 degrees per hour and you won't feel much heat from the return.

Hi Guys,

thx guys!

bob

Pull your filter out and see if the flow increases.

Check the fuse again on the Ozone unit - every used one I run into keeps blowing fuses - at that point it is toast.

JED makes a nice and reasonably priced ozone.

Are you getting a stream of bubbles from the bottom drain? If not then you will not smell the ozone.

Keep in mind if your hooked up 110V it will only heat 2 degrees per hour and you won't feel much heat from the return.

Thanks again, Pete. I replied at the other forum but just in case:

"It seems to be working. It ran for quite a few hours and then was flashing again. I reset it and it has ran all night, is now at 97° (20hours later)

This is my first HS so I'm not sure but the flow seems really low in circ. mode. There is no visible action in the skimmer and only after removing the stand pipe did I feel some suction when putting my hand on the opening. Is that right? To go along with that thought, there is no venturi action at the Ozone tee. Water actually drips out w/ the pump running. I tried to gently clear with a paper clip but no difference."

No, there are no bubbles coming out the bottom and yes, the Ozone fuse is blown and the fuse holder is dorked now and won't lock down (Freshwater II)

What about the Del Eclipse or CD-16 as a replacement?

thx

bob

At 110V that spa will heat about 1 1/2 degrees per hour.

The circ pump won't push water like a jet - it's only 1/50 hp, but it pushes 5K gal per day.

Forget the ozone in there, it's toast. Anything else is good - I like JED Engineering.

It still sounds like the circ pump has low flow. If you pull off the ozone check valve and the air intake off the ozone box you should get bubbles. Sometimes the cap on the ozone injector can have a calcium build up.

The circ pump won't push water like a jet - it's only 1/50 hp, but it pushes 5K gal per day.

Forget the ozone in there, it's toast. Anything else is good - I like JED Engineering.

It still sounds like the circ pump has low flow. If you pull off the ozone check valve and the air intake off the ozone box you should get bubbles. Sometimes the cap on the ozone injector can have a calcium build up.

Looks like I'm getting good flow now. bubbles and If I pull the tubing off the Mazzei injector, I'm getting suction now instead of water dripping out.

I know the rep a Del and will probably try an MC-50 as a replacement.

thx

bob

ps: I can't believe how this JS is holding at 102°! The ready light is always on :)

Looks like I'm getting good flow now. bubbles and If I pull the tubing off the Mazzei injector, I'm getting suction now instead of water dripping out.

I know the rep a Del and will probably try an MC-50 as a replacement.

thx

bob

ps: I can't believe how this JS is holding at 102°! The ready light is always on :)

You don't get much more energy efficient than HotSpring.