Sundance 2-Speed Pump Kicks On And Off

gkm

I have an issue w/ my 2-speed pump in that it starts and runs for 0.5 seconds, kicks off and restarts once the thermal resistor resets. I took the pump off and hooked it to 240v and it works perfectly on low and high speed. I also pulled the comp. board and there's no burnt connections that I can determine. The circ pump, heater and 1-speed pump work fine as well as the panel. There are no error codes on the control panel.

I forgot to mention that the tub is a 2003 Sundance Altamar.

Any/all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Greg

Ok, now I'm really baffled! I switched the 2-speed pump connections on the board to the 1-speed pump terminals. The pump works fine on the 1-speed terminals. So, I reconnected to the two-speed pump connections and disconnected the red (high speed) and it works fine. It also works fine w/ just the low (black) connected; however, when all three wires are connected to the terminals, the pump will trip its thermal resistor. I'm at a loss as this doesn't make sense, other than somewhere on the board there's an issue. Maybe time for a new board??