White Stuff Growing On My Pool?

Possibly calcium scaling. What are your water test results? especially pH, Total Alkalinity, and Calcium Hardness. What kind of chlorine do you use? If it's calcium hypochlorite (typically comes as 1-lb bags of powder) that's probably contributing to the problem.

--paulr

Possibly calcium scaling. What are your water test results? especially pH, Total Alkalinity, and Calcium Hardness. What kind of chlorine do you use? If it's calcium hypochlorite (typically comes as 1-lb bags of powder) that's probably contributing to the problem.

--paulr

--paulr

Thanks paulr, alkalinity was low for a really long time, I realized that they were using chlorinated pucks. It's an indoor pool. So we dumped the pool and got the cynaric acid down to 50 and have been able to keep the alkalinity around 110 now. While this was going on, we only had these 3-4 large ones...now evrything is perfect and i have deposits every where. This is not around the edge of the pool, but in it. from the bottom of the pool to just below the surface. from the deep end all the way to the shallow end. When i made them get rid of the pucks we went to liquid chlorine on a stenner pump.

PH 7.4-7.6, calcium 280-320, fc 2,alkalinity 110, cyanaric acid 50