Sundance Optima

jezeisfat

2010 Sundance Optima with Intellisound stereo, sunpurity purifier, CD Ozone, cover lifter, stairs, delivery, set up, chemicals, extra set of filters...etc.

$10K.

is this a fair price for this model It is on the floor of the showroom and filled currently. SHould I be concerned about that? Please let me know any thoughts.

2010 Sundance Optima with Intellisound stereo, sunpurity purifier, CD Ozone, cover lifter, stairs, delivery, set up, chemicals, extra set of filters...etc.

$10K.

is this a fair price for this model It is on the floor of the showroom and filled currently. SHould I be concerned about that? Please let me know any thoughts.

This must be a price in the USA because here in Canada I just received a quote on the same thing and the price was $12000 on a 2009 floor model that has never been filled with water.

Hey guys

ViolinFather

I did alot of comparison shopping with other tubs, and even secretly shopped some other Sundance dealers.

Looks like $10,995 is the going rate for 2010 Optima

Stereo

That doesn't include the Stereo

They sell it (Make sure it's the JBL one) for $1,295 (which seems pricey to me)

I saw some Sundance dealers offering 'home show specials' on the stereo for $795 - so I'm guessing that's wholesale

What coverlifter is it?

Covermate 1 - is included in all the pricing I got from anyone!

Covermate 3 - is an extra $100 value

Delivery/Setup etc... is always free/included with everyone, don't let them tell you otherwise, so is a premium cover

Finish

Is it one of the upgrade finishes? (platinum or oyster)

They say those go for $200

What does the footwell hub look like?

If it's the flat top like the 2010 - that's good

If it's the full half-orb with the get in the middle - that's not great (people have had trouble with that walking, tripping, twisting ankles)

If it's the older version they should discount for that

Personally sounds a smidge pricey for a FLOOR model from 2009

You could get a 2010 with your choice of colors etc... for about the same or less depending on options.

Personally I don't like the stereo at $1,295. (pricey to me, but you have to chose what you like)

I will say the tubs are great from my wet test, if you can wait 4 weeks, I'll post my delivery/install/first few soaks experience :)

forgot to mention ozone was included in my price too

Spa purity system is $40 here so not too worried

$10k in the US sounds good considering the dollar these days

But I'm CDN so can only advise on this market :)

My final deal was

2010 Optima

standard finish, standard cabinet

no stereo

ozone incl.

premium cover

del/setup etc.. all incl

$100 store gift card

Covermate 3 lifter upgrade incl.

$10,995 before tax

The price of 10K is for a 2010 floor model with coverlifter 1, upgraded enclosure, CD ozone, JBL stereo, etc. It has every option available on this model. I paid 10K plus tax. Im just hopeful this is a good deal. It was filled and on the floor. Being so, should I be concerned? Id assume that it has been demo'd and messed with quite a bit (jets on/off/on...hundreds of times)

Warrantly is full and starts upon delivery.

did I overpay?

My final deal was

2010 Optima

no stereo

ozone incl.

premium cover

del/setup etc.. all incl

$100 store gift card

$10,995 before tax

$10K.

This must be a price in the USA because here in Canada I just received a quote on the same thing and the price was $12000 on a 2009 floor model that has never been filled with water.

If this floor model is a 2010 and includes the stereo, I would say this is a better than okay deal. However, some accessories come in different versions or styles. As Jeffinwhitby stated, it's important to know what cover lifter is included different CoverMate lifters come at a different price...and all the versions are available through Sundance. The CoverMate III cover lifter is more expensive than the CoverMate I. I highly recommend the CoverMate III cover lifter. The CoverMate III makes lifter the cover so much easier, particularly for those with less arm strength (like my wife). The CoverMate III is probably not the coverlifter the dealer has in mind when he includes that in the packages.The version you envision may not be the version that the dealer is including in your package. I would also recommend you look at the different variety of steps that are available and pick out the version you want. The synthetic (maintenance free) version looks great and matches the cabinet, but is more expensive than their basic 2 x 4 constructed and painted steps that are most likely what the dealer has included in your deal. If you can get the CoverMate III lifter, the synthetic steps in matching cabinet color and the JBL stereo at the 10K price, then I would say you have a good deal.

If you tell him you will pay cash and not use a credit card, you may be able to talk him down another 2 - 3% on the price.

gman

$10K.

I am in Western Pennsylvania and I was quoted 10.3K for a 2010 Optima, no stereo, std stuff included. I was also looking at a gazebo so could probably get them to be slightly more agressive on pricing.

My final deal was

2010 Optima

no stereo

ozone incl.

premium cover

del/setup etc.. all incl

$100 store gift card

$10,995 before tax

Jeff,

Price that I was quoted in Canada was $12100 before tax for:

2009 Optima with flat foot well never filled with water.

Standard cabinet with oyster finish

JBL stereo

ozone

cover

delivery/set up

GFCI and some chemicals

Cover Caddy lifter

floor model heavy duty acrylic step - Smartstep

What do you think? I think that it is to high so I will probably close on a Artesian Piper Glen.

What do you think? I think that it is to high so I will probably close on a Artesian Piper Glen.

Which spa do you TRULY want. It dsounds like maybe you want the Sudance and if thats the case then before settling on the Artesian I'd tell the Sundance dealer you are considering between the two and you'd need a better price to go with his or simply flat out make him an offer with the idea that if you're not satisfied THEN you go to Artesian.

Which spa do you TRULY want. It dsounds like maybe you want the Sudance and if thats the case then before settling on the Artesian I'd tell the Sundance dealer you are considering between the two and you'd need a better price to go with his or simply flat out make him an offer with the idea that if you're not satisfied THEN you go to Artesian.

Spatech,

Your impression is correct. I put a lower offer in on the Sundance but have not heard back from the dealer so probably the couple thousand dollar less Artesian will be my choice.

My final deal was

2010 Optima

no stereo

ozone incl.

premium cover

del/setup etc.. all incl

$100 store gift card

$10,995 before tax

Jeff,

Price that I was quoted in Canada was $12100 before tax for:

2009 Optima with flat foot well never filled with water.

Standard cabinet with oyster finish

JBL stereo

ozone

cover

delivery/set up

GFCI and some chemicals

Cover Caddy lifter

floor model heavy duty acrylic step - Smartstep

So you're $1105 more than me

2009 floor model (knock something off say -$500

JBL = + $795-$1295

Ozone = $0

Cover = $0

Delivery = $0

If by GFCI you mean the electrical box your electrician will buy and bill you for =$250

Start up Chem Kit = $0

Cover Caddy vs Cover Lifter 3 = -$150

Steps + something not sure what $100

Oyster Finish = +$200

I think it's too high.

$10,995 would be fair that's what the 2010 models are going for.

It's a 2009 floor-model, pretend like you wouldn't buy the stereo anyway.

Sundance was the lowest price we looked at, so I didn't have - the "other tub I like is lower priced" card to play

I suspect the dealers in the area know what others can sell for (secret shopping goes on)

But Spatech makes the best point - which one do you truly want?

I assume you did wet tests.

No wet test on the Optima as they are not willing to fill it. We owned a Sundance Cameo before and loved it however the Optima has different seating. I spoke with the dealer and made a counter offer and she responded by telling me that she was confident in her price and that if I chose the Artesian Piper Glen that it was an "inferior spa". I must admit that in the past I actually liked dealing with this dealer but now I am not so sure. I think it is a stretch to call the Piper Glen inferior.

I actually really want the Optima but I cannot help but feel that I am being taken for about $1000 more than necessary. I think because we owned a Sundance Cameo before and it was almost problem free that we are leaning towards the Optima. If it was based on the dealer alone I would definitely pick the Piper Glen.

No wet test on the Optima as they are not willing to fill it. We owned a Sundance Cameo before and loved it however the Optima has different seating. I spoke with the dealer and made a counter offer and she responded by telling me that she was confident in her price and that if I chose the Artesian Piper Glen that it was an "inferior spa". I must admit that in the past I actually liked dealing with this dealer but now I am not so sure. I think it is a stretch to call the Piper Glen inferior.

I actually really want the Optima but I cannot help but feel that I am being taken for about $1000 more than necessary. I think because we owned a Sundance Cameo before and it was almost problem free that we are leaning towards the Optima. If it was based on the dealer alone I would definitely pick the Piper Glen.

Violinfather,

I love my 2009 Sundance Optima and I don't think Sundance made any significant changes to the Optima for the 2010 model year. Even so, I would not purchase a hot tub without wet testing it first.

I have just a couple of thoughts which you've probably considered already, but here goes...

1. Are there any other Sundance dealers within a couple hours drive from you that might have an Optima you can wet test? I wet tested many tubs and most were a long distance from my house. The extra time and effort I did on the research was worth it to me.

2. There's always a chance the the tub is defective in some way. That could be the underlying reason the dealer is unwilling to put water in it for a wet test. You may even want to put this concern directly to her as an added reason to fill the tub...to prove to you it works properly.

3. If you really like the Sundance Optima and you simply cannot wet test a model, then put conditions on the sale that allows you to return the tub if not satisfied, all costs of the return to be born by the dealer. Full refund of your purchase price, taxes, etc. Allow yourself thirty days AFTER the date your tub is installed AND running. Return at your discretion for any reason. Hold back some of the purchase price as an escrow to cover the cost of the return. Get all this in writing. If you put enough conditions on the NO WET TEST Purchase, perhaps the dealer will soften her resolve and allow you to wet test the tub. If you put the purchase on your American Express card, and you are dissatisfied, American Express is great at resolving customer/service provider disputes and will postpone or withhold payment on your behalf until the dispute is resolved one way or another.

Keep in mind...it's your money and it will be your tub, whichever tub you get. You need to protect your interests. This dealer certainly won't.

good luck.

gman B)

• 6 months later...

$10K.