Cal Spas 2010 Warranty & Watson's Superstore

Reading through the warranty and it states "This warranty starts from date of manufacture..." Forgive me, but does this warranty really start from the day the spa is made, and mean if someone were to purchase a brand new 2009 model, they would loose a year in the manufacturers warranty? If so, is this common or a Cal Spas thing? When I called Cal Spas customer service they assured me the warranty started on the delivery date....hmm so why isn't that stated in the warranty...

Does anyone know the real story of why Watson's Changed their name to Family Leisure at some locations? One of their stores is for sale, and seriously delinquent in their property taxes....Any insight would be appreciated.

The Cal Spa warranty starts on the day of delivery.

You will need to register your tub with the factory if you haven't already done that. You'll find a registration card in your owner's manual and there is also a registration option on the Cal Spa website.

I would recommend you call the 800 number to register. The information is entered while you are on the phone and the tub is registered immediately.

Date of manufacture is the default warranty start date and would only apply if the tub has never been registered or if you tried to register it years after delivery and could not produce a sales receipt.

People have actually purchased new tubs and stored them for two or three years expecting the warranty to start the day they first fill the tub.

I don't know anyting about Watson's.