Finally Getting My Hot Tub Today!

JimKW

My hot tub is being picked up and delivered between 2:00 and 4:00 today. Can't wait! I went ahead and hired a professional mover to move it and an electrician to hook up the electical. The deliver company and the electrician kind of work togehter and they will coordinate being at my house at the same time. Probably won't have it warmed up enough to get in it today though.

My hot tub is being picked up and delivered between 2:00 and 4:00 today. Can't wait! I went ahead and hired a professional mover to move it and an electrician to hook up the electical. The deliver company and the electrician kind of work togehter and they will coordinate being at my house at the same time. Probably won't have it warmed up enough to get in it today though.

I hope you don't take offense when I say that I hate you :lol:

I am still probably a month out before I get mine (Still researching/testing)

I would be researching, shopping and testing too had I not found the Sundance Optima being sold for a good bit less than what I thought it should cost. So I felt like I had to jump on it. When buying used and find a good deal you can not hesitate. Done that too many times with cars.

JimKW,

You'll love the Sundance Optima. I have a 2009 model. The flexibility of the jets will provide you with many massage configurations. I had fun just playing with the possibilities.

I'm sure you've read the articles on this forum by Nitro regarding decontamination and water chemistry. After you've done any decontamination (if that is even necessary in your situation), remember when beginning the process of balancing your water chemistry...I recommend you first focus on getting the TA within a desirable range (assuming your CH is not in the outer stratosphere). If you don't get that TA under control early, you'll spend a lot more time and chemicals trying to keep the ph stable. The FC will be relatively easy to control once that TA and ph are steady.

Enjoy your new tub! 8^)

gman

I would be researching, shopping and testing too had I not found the Sundance Optima being sold for a good bit less than what I thought it should cost. So I felt like I had to jump on it. When buying used and find a good deal you can not hesitate. Done that too many times with cars.

Used spas can be a crap shoot so when you find a good one for a good price you're wise to jump on it.

Hot tub is in place and looks good, but the electrician didn't show up. Should be here some time before 9:00 this morning. Sure hope to be in the tub tonight. I didn't realize how big the Optima is until we put in in place empty. Wonder how much it cost new in 2003?

Oh Man it's killing me! It's at 94 degrees and I don't know if I can wait another hour for it to reach 100. At 88 it started feeling warm to the touch, but I know from past experience that I want 100 even though it's not cold outside tonight at all. One more hour and I'll be in for sure.

I got in at 100 degrees and it felt great. When I got out it was 101. With it being a warm night that felt fine. That sure is a big hot tub when you are in all by yourself. My wife was not feeling well and got tired of waiting so she didn't get in last night. She'll be in today for sure though. Probably while I'm here at work.