System For Weekend Property

PastorJeff

My wife and I are buying a new hot tub for our weekend house. During the summer the hot tub will be in use several times a week, either by us or by rental guests. During the winter we may go as long as six weeks between visits to the property.

I'm looking for a sanitizing system that will be:

a) able to maintain itself for six weeks while we're gone in the winter, with the tub turned down to 80 degrees.

B) require little or no maintenance by our guests. Most guests are there for a weekend, then we come up and service the property and the tub. Some guests stay for seven nights.

Our dealer has offered a few options:

1) Salt system with Ozone. But, as I understand it, this may require frequent Ph adjustments.

2) Frog Floater with Ozone. It's a small hot tub (Hot Springs Jetsetter, 250 Gallons). Seems like an expensive way to get chemicals, but it also seems relatively easy.

3) Bromine floater with Ozone. Cheap. I'm used to using bromine without Ozone (although I've been learning from this forum that I've probably been making a lot of mistakes).

In our VERY old hot tub, I've been using a bromine floater, occasional powdered bromine to bring up the level (especially when filling), and "Spa Sentry," which is a liquid that I pour in every three months to balance and maintain Ph.

I'm be really interested in your opinions on the pluses and minuses of these choices. And, of Spa Sentry as opposed to using plus and minus chemicals to raise and lower ph and alkalinity. I know it's more expensive, but it's very convenient, and seems to work well without frequent attention, which is a big plus on a rental property.

Thanks,

Jeff